Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the movies you watched recently out of five - NO SPOILERS.

Narnia - 5/5
    Harry Potter 4 - 5/5

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le - 5/5 - I don't think I've ever really seen a movie done quite like this one was. I was going to give a 4.5/5 but then I realised I can't really think of anything that was wrong with it. Very interesting. Don't forget to break out the subtitles, but it's well worth it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Flightplan - Interesting move. Really strange though. Jodie Foster plays a good part - seeing as it was a really hard role to play. All through the movie you think you've solved it - but then something happens to make you think otherwise. It keeps you guessing. I'll give it a 3.5/5.

Harry Potter - Considering I have never read a HP book or watched a HP movie before, I was really surprised at how much I really enjoyed the film. I'll give it a 4/5. Very entertaining to watch.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 4
    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: 4
    Pride and Prejudice - 4.5
    Sense and Sensibility - 4.5
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Harry Potter: Decent, but didn't quite meet my expectations. 3.5/5
    Narnia: Pretty good. Reminded me a little of LoTRs. 4/5
    Kung Fu Hustle: smurfing loved it. 5/5
    House of Wax: Pretty good. I was suprised by who the survivors were. I was annoyed that Paris Hilton was the resourceful one though. 3.5/5

-Narnia: LWW - 4/5 - Kicks the sh*t out of LoTRs... Pretty damn entertaining.

-The Island - 4/5 - Damn... this movie rocks. Probably tied with The Rock as Bay's best movies. I'm so sad that it flopped so hard... I think the marketing kinda sucked for it.

-Duel to the Death - 2.5/5 - Average old school Chinese martial arts action movie... ending was dumb.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

21 Grams - Given that I had no idea what to expect, as with most movies I download (it's far more fun that way), this movie was very... different. I quickly caught on to the fact that the story was not being protrayed crono_logically, but I have to say that it did roll out quite nicely overall. Having said that, I figured out most of what happened before it happened, which didn't help things, making me wish I could skip scenes every now and then. 3.5/5
    Garden State - I actually really liked this movie, mostly for the acting. The girl in the movie reminded me very much of my cousin at certain times, and my cousin rocks, so that's cool. But yes, I would say that this movie, while not an epic or anything on a grand scale, is quite simply a good movie. 4/5.
    Psycho - I'd seen this before but forgotten everything but the obviously famous shower scene, so figured I'd see it again. Still, I found it fairly boring at times and was wanting it to end, never the sign of a good movie. 2.5/5.
    Lawrence of Arabia - Wow, it really is long, isn't it? xD A class movie. There are some things I wish went differently in it, but at the same time, it's just what made the movie after all. Very well done, though, and deserving of it's status as one of the greats of all time. 4.5/5

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Harold and Kumar - It was a good way to pass an hour and a half, I guess. It only made me laugh twice, though, which isn't really good enough for a comedy for me. 2/5

Uh... recent films...

Flightplan - 4.5/5

Most recent film I saw, and I thought it was great. Layered plot, great acting, especially from Jodie Foster, and it was hard to see what was coming. What I originally though was happening turned out to be wrong, and I like unpredictable films. And Sean Bean is love.

King Kong - 5/5

Bloody fantastic.

That is all.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 3.5/5

While I did enjoy it and feel that is was better than its predecessors, I still think the kids aren't very good actors. I don't particularly like the Harry Potter films, to be honest - the books are far superior.

Dawn of the Dead (2004 version) - 4/5

I saw this recently, and it terrified me. Hey, most horror films do, but this one made me so paranoid. xD It got straight into the story with no silly, boring beginning, and it had me on the edge of my seet all the way through.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Chronicles Of Narnia
    Well, I was practically falling asleep in my seat. It livens uptowards the end but the beginning is just deadly. I was out numbered and really didn't want to watch it. 1/5

Just Friends
    Again, I wasn't particulary excited to see this movie, and sat on the 2nd Row getting a headache and sore eyes didn't help that one bit. Its a decent film but definatly a Chick Flick, and as Im not really that girly found it quite boring.
    3/5

American Psycho - 8.8/10
    Memento - 9.5/10
    Twelve Monkeys - 8.2/10
    Pi - 8/10

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The Cell - 3.5 for this one. 3/5 for being an average decent movie with some entertainment value and an extra 0.5 for the obscure environments when they were in each other's minds, which I found very well done.

The Woodsman - Wow, this one really makes you think in an ...odd kind of way. A simply amazing quality of acting by Kevin Bacon. This movie certainly made me think, though. I'd give it 4/5 or possibly 4.5/5.

Taxi Driver - I think this was a pretty overrated film after watching it - I don't think it's one of the greatest films of all time. However, it was alright. One of those "had it's moments" films for me. I'll give it a 3/5.

I have Vertigo, It's a Wonderful Life, Sunset Blvd, Buying the Cow, Glory Daze and Hotel Rwanda downloaded now, so hopefully I'll have ratings for those within the month.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fun with Dick and Jane
    3/5

Funny and entertaining, but I expected a little more from a Jim Cairey film - escpecially as the film was produced by him aswell as him playing the main character.

House of Wax
    3/5

I was actually really suprised by this film, I thought it was going to be another really badly made teenage movie, but it wasn't really bad at all. Parts of it were too unrealistic for my liking though, and that was its main downfall. Entertaining to watch though.

Hide and Seek
    4/5

Great film, I think. Its really interesting and psychological and keeps you entertained throughout even if you're not interested in that sort of thing. Includes twists to keep you guessing.

Saw
    4.5/5

Not a recent film, but I only just recently wached it. I loved this film. Only one part in the whole thing let me down. It's really thrilling and entertaining and keeps you thinking throughout the whole thing. Overall I was really pleased by it. ^__^

Adaptation - 8.7/10
    Being John Malcovich - 9.3/10
    Barry Lyndon - 9/10
    The Game - 8.3/10
    The Virgin Suicides - 8.5/10
    Lost In Translation - 9.5/10
    Rushmore - 9.4/10
    Vanilla Sky - 8.9/10
    What's Eating Gilbert Grape - 8.5/10

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It's A Beautiful Life - 3/5. The 'old movie' factor may work against it with me, but having said that, I've seen some old movies I thought were brilliant so I don't think that's it. I think it was a good message, a decent plot and all that... but overall I was just never really entertained by it all, I never got into it. You can have wonderful acting, script, plot, themes, whatever... but if you can't connect with the viewer or at least get them really into the movie, then you're missing something as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, for a movie noted as one of the best of all time, I was disappointed.