Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hardest Game in Existence?

I'll go with Super Smash T.V. for SNES. The 1st couple lvls are easy, but then.......
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The hardest game I ever played was Wonder Boy in Monster Land, probably because bosses were really tough and the game was very long. I still haven't beaten it since 1989 even though I have it on MAME.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by RedCydranth
    Eternal Champions was hard? Im no good at fighting games and I took that game to the end easily. Slash or Xavier were my guys. Larcen was great too. I didn't like Jetta or the undead vampire guy who fought in the vietnamese looking place. Anyhow, one of the sweetest things in that game was all the cool scenario deaths. Like in the prehistoric stage (slash's) if you do the final blow so that your opponents head and torso are off the screen on the left side, a dinosaur comes and eats the fallen foe.

Hydlide to me was an incredibly hard game, but that was because controls sucked so bad.
    Maybe my versions all have bumped up computer players. I've schooled every human opponent I've fought. But I'm lucky if I can get two-thirds of the way through before I get beaten up badly. Thing is, I don't stick with it when I get beaten and redo the last two fights. I just turn it off and play something else. Also, I used to be able to get to the Champion easily, but he'd beat me in the end. Now I suck at it pretty darn badly.

However, the deaths are awesome. I actually think Slash's is one of the lamest; Blade and Xavier are my faves. Oh, and Trident's is cool as well.

I don't find much trouble with bullet hell shooters though. Probably being raised on R-Type and Metal Slug games has that effect. And I mean raised. The first console I ever had was a Master System, and the only game I can remember with any clarity is R-Type. I spent more time after school in the arcade playing Metal Slug than I spent on homework (Which means I spent about ten minutes, but you get my point.). So those tend not to be too terrible for me.

Dragon Warrior III.

Mainly because I don't use a party and prefer to do the whole game with my single hero.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

The Rockman Zero games always came off as extremely difficult for me.

Indiana jones and the Emporer´s Tomb for PC.

The easiest require was to put your leg behind you head and do noises of a donkey, while playing a DDR game with closed eyes and playing an harmonica.

I know. I saw my nickname. but please don't look at me that way, Klayman. I beg of you.

to me, no game is hard
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Multiplayer/online games and Tetris.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Two games I want to throw out there are Double Dragon II and Battletoads.

I've heard so much nasty things about Battletoads that I've decided to give it a go this summer. I do have the game, I have played it, and yes it is hard. I dedicated a few days two summers ago to finishing Super Ghouls N Ghosts, and a few days last summer to Ghosts N Goblins. It's time for the next challenge.

And Double Dragon II is just damn cheap. Maybe it wouldn't be such a hard game if they left out all that damn platforming which has no business in the game in the first place. Couple that with the fact that you can't fight the Shadow Boss unless you play the hardest difficulty and we've got one annoyingly tough game.

Really, really awesome final battle music though.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I said it before and I`ll say it again, "Air Buster"/"Aero Blasters" (Arcade version) is the most insane shooter ever.. You`ll problaby beat it with 30+ coins..
    Last edited by black orb; 06-18-2005 at 07:03 AM.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

im gonna have to go with devil may cry 3. i actually found ninja gaiden surprisingly easy (certainly not "easy", i just thought the difficulty was overated) but i cant even beat DMC 3 on easy mode.

Alma on very hard mode.
    The Last Spartan!!!

Gamertag=Battousai62

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Fatal Frame 2 on nightmarish difficulty, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry 3 (I ever would have made it without trickster style).
    Last edited by Cruise Control; 06-18-2005 at 05:06 PM.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

How about Soul Calibur II on the highest difficulty setting?

Or just try doing the Weapon Master mode the second time around. Damn that's hard.

Blog Entries

I would have to say that the Hardest game I ever played would be...well, I don't know. I just rock at them all.