Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Beatrix: luv her or hate her

Beatrix is my favourite female character in FFIX. She's one of the few characters I can really relate to in the games. She's also the character with the most development in my opinion, how she was an enemy at first but had a change of heart later on in the game. I never get tired of her personality, it had a slight sense of realism, something the other characters didn't seem to have.

People, people. I am like the numba 1 beatix fan, so heres MY opinion!

1. Beatrix IS cocky at the beginning, and also very powerful. Remeber, she is at level 16 and you are at like level 8. She could beat you any day! But then when you level up, Steiner gets even better! But my point is that even though is was cocky, she was just doing her job. Part of bringing down your opponent is being cocky so their defense is lower. Then when she gets to the red rose, her true personality is let out. I mean, if she's on the evil side, what do you expect her to say?

"I'm very sorry about stealing the jewel, I KNOW it's a bad deed, please forgive me for helping Brahne destroy the world!"

Now that's incrediblly stupid and Beatrix was fine. She just realized her doings of evil later on. That's why she acted so evil at first. But I think they COULD have toned down the cockiness.

2. Steiner could beat her out any day cuz he's a man! (and a strong one at that)

He can use all the same abilities and make them do more damage then her! The only differnece is that Steiner is WAY stronger and Beatrix can use white magic! (a.k.a. holy)

So don't insult Beatrix just cuz you've leveled up. She still has her dignity.

And by the way Eiko can use holy and holy does WAY more than any of Garnet's summons! :rolleyes2

And by the way Eiko can use holy and holy does WAY more than any of Garnet's summons!
    Zidane: Since when? 1) Holy has an element meaning it can be resisted or absorbed, 2) It can only attack one person, 3) You can Reflect Holy. Bahamut's unprotectable, unshellable, unblockable, unabsorbable Non-elemental Mega Flare pwns Holy doing 9,999 damage to all monsters, at least the way I got it, it does that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    And by the way Eiko can use holy and holy does WAY more than any of Garnet's summons!
    Zidane: Since when? 1) Holy has an element meaning it can be resisted or absorbed, 2) It can only attack one person, 3) You can Reflect Holy. Bahamut's unprotectable, unshellable, unblockable, unabsorbable Non-elemental Mega Flare pwns Holy doing 9,999 damage to all monsters, at least the way I got it, it does that.
    But in the end, theres only single bosses, which makes bahamut a waste of magic. None of the bosses absorb holy anyway...

Zidane: Holy is still weaker than Bahamut anyway, if you put Garnet against Beatrix or Eiko gave them a Pumice Piece, Pumice Pieces absorb Holy and Shadow elemental attacks, so Beatrix and Eiko trying Holy...would not work, Garnet using Bahamut on the other hand, Mega Flare yields no element to absorb or block, Reflect has no effect on it either. Beatrix or Eiko casts Holy to Garnet 9,999 recovery due to the pumice piece. I could see Garnet quoting Rubicant(FFIV) "Poor technique, this is how it's done!" Garnet summons Bahamut 9,999 damage because no element means no way to absorb or block it, PWNED!

Zidane: Holy is still weaker than Bahamut anyway, if you put Garnet against Beatrix or Eiko gave them a Pumice Piece, Pumice Pieces absorb Holy and Shadow elemental attacks, so Beatrix and Eiko trying Holy...would not work, Garnet using Bahamut on the other hand, Mega Flare yields no element to absorb or block, Reflect has no effect on it either. Beatrix or Eiko casts Holy to Garnet 9,999 recovery due to the pumice piece. I could see Garnet quoting Rubicant(FFIV) "Poor technique, this is how it's done!" Garnet summons Bahamut 9,999 damage because no element means no way to absorb or block it, PWNED!
    Well, when I used Garnet Bahamut only did like 2000 against Eiko's 9000 holy. And besides, cast reflect off yourself, have on auto regan and auto haste so you don't have to cure, and keep reflecting holy off yourself. Costs a lot less than using bahamut or odin all the time. Madeen is my fav summon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraAngel623
    Well, when I used Garnet Bahamut only did like 2000 against Eiko's 9000 holy. And besides, cast reflect off yourself, have on auto regan and auto haste so you don't have to cure, and keep reflecting holy off yourself. Costs a lot less than using bahamut or odin all the time. Madeen is my fav summon anyway.
    Zidane: Perhaps, you didn't use the equipment properly, upon equiping Garnet properly she does 9,999 damage with Bahamut by the time you reach Terra and Madeen has the Holy element too. So Pumice Piece would absorb Terra Homing too. Half MP also helps, did you get equipment that does Half MP, it works wonders for Garnet and Eiko alike.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraAngel623
    Zidane: Perhaps, you didn't use the equipment properly, upon equiping Garnet properly she does 9,999 damage with Bahamut by the time you reach Terra.
    Yeah, I actually think that's it.

Zidane: Might be, if you favor Eiko you usually give her the best, likewise if you favor Garnet she gets the best, but Eiko using the second best(I believe, I don't fully remember) boosts what Holy's and Madeen's damage factor accounts for. Back to Beatrix.

Yes, isn't she wonderful???!!!

I liked Batrix alot. It would've been cool if she joined the party for the rest of the game after she turns against Brahne. But it would make the game too easy with her ownage sword abilities. They could've made the enemies more difficult, but FF9 is still the best.

I wonder why anyone would hate her.. Well maybe cuz of what she was like at first.

I like her, she looks hot and she's a good fighter (has the good abilities). And she and Steiner are a good couple and the love letter scene - oh it's my favourite.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please do not revive threads that are so old. Start a new thread on the topic if you still wish to discuss it.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles