Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tom Cruise gets squirted in the face. (No pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    Supposed "artists" have a job. Their job is to entertain me. When they exceed the bounds of their job and begin to think they are better than me, then I should have the right to squirt water in their face. Also, there are people dying around the world. Yes, let us talk about Tom Cruise.
    I agree with Yamsy here.

It's just a bit of water. The only reason it's getting publicity at all is because he's a celebrity.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm struggling to see where the whole 'Tom Cruise lost his rag' bit came from. He was pretty gorram calm as far as I could tell. If someone did that to me I doubt I'd get violent, but I'd be pretty freaking loud about it.

Further issues;

The man's a nice guy. He goes around for a very long time, talks to his fans, signs autographs, and gives interviews. Now yeah, he's damned well paid, he's not got the hardest life around, but why does that open him up to humiliation and stuff? (And you say, these things are part of being a celebrity? K! No more protection from libel and slander for you, Mr. Neeson!)

More importantly, there's no way of knowing what it is. Terrorism isn't a big concern of mine but the fact is there are nutters out there who get fixated on a celebtriy and often end up trying to harm them. That could have been a hell of a lot of things a lot nastier than water, and they're lucky there were no armed bodyguards around.

Three, the smug bastard who did it was a smug bastard. I think that's why Tom got annoyed; he was being pretty calm and the tosser was sitting there with a big grin on his face (Quickly changed to a more worried look.), and that would piss anyone off.

Fact is, Cruise remembered the whole time he was on a lot of TV camera, he knew really losing his rag would achieve nothing, and he furthermore didn't even use any language which would need censored (I have NO idea what the big deal about calling the jerk a jerk is.). Props to him for handling the situation about as best as he could have.

I agree with I'm my own MILF.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

As do I. I would've done the same thing if I was him.

lol ... i would have ... ... ... :rolleyes2 ... ... ... spat in the guy's face ...

doing that is just stupid and rude. have any of you ever heard of "happy slapping"? happy slapping is random people that pick out other random people off the street and just slap em in the face and catch it on tape. That water prank is exactly the same to me, it's just rude and stupid, only less violent.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    I'm struggling to see where the whole 'Tom Cruise lost his rag' bit came from. He was pretty gorram calm as far as I could tell. If someone did that to me I doubt I'd get violent, but I'd be pretty freaking loud about it.

Further issues;

The man's a nice guy. He goes around for a very long time, talks to his fans, signs autographs, and gives interviews. Now yeah, he's damned well paid, he's not got the hardest life around, but why does that open him up to humiliation and stuff? (And you say, these things are part of being a celebrity? K! No more protection from libel and slander for you, Mr. Neeson!)

More importantly, there's no way of knowing what it is. Terrorism isn't a big concern of mine but the fact is there are nutters out there who get fixated on a celebtriy and often end up trying to harm them. That could have been a hell of a lot of things a lot nastier than water, and they're lucky there were no armed bodyguards around.

Three, the smug bastard who did it was a smug bastard. I think that's why Tom got annoyed; he was being pretty calm and the tosser was sitting there with a big grin on his face (Quickly changed to a more worried look.), and that would piss anyone off.

Fact is, Cruise remembered the whole time he was on a lot of TV camera, he knew really losing his rag would achieve nothing, and he furthermore didn't even use any language which would need censored (I have NO idea what the big deal about calling the jerk a jerk is.). Props to him for handling the situation about as best as he could have.

Exactly. I would be pretty offended too and in front of all the cameras. Put yourself in his shoes. Do you like it if you were squirted like that in public for actually trying to take an interview seriously? Its a normal reaction -_-

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

There is also the fact that he's at a premiere, and I don't know about you, but if you were all dressed up for a pretty big event (probably the most important one for you that year) then you wouldn't want people splashing water on you, either.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Its like squirting the groom at a wedding pretending to be the priset D:

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    They deserve to be locked up for making a terrible joke/prank. If that is the kind of stuff they are doing then the show will fail anyways. F--
    A bit harsh, don't ya think? You gotta admit, though, Tommy Boy's a bit of a drama queen. It was water, not acid, for Christ's sake. If it were me up there, I'd just take the mic, turn it on them, and squirt them. There. We're even.

And to Yamaneko, "WHO TOLD YOU I GET SQUIRTED A LOT?!!"
    Last edited by Crazy the Clown; 06-24-2005 at 06:42 AM.

I like how you all say it was just a "joke", the guy can't even take a "joke". I'd like to see you get squirted in the face! So yes, it was a "joke" a mild one that is.

all i can say is

:laugh: :laughing: :grinpink: :chuckle:

and ...