Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yum yum, Barium

I've heard of it, but I've never had to drink it before.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

[q="Dr.K"]Just as well too If you ingested Barium, or a soluble compound of Barium, you'd die pretty quickly. It's the insolubility of some Barium compounds that allows all that funky X-ray shizzle to take place. I'd still be paranoid about drinking it though [/q]

I know that, geeze, but that's what the technicians refer to it is, so that's what I called it. Actually, it's barium sulfate with sodium sulfate inorder to keep as few barium ions from being absorbed as possible, but that's beside the point. Today I got to see it come out the other end which also wasn't pleasant. I'm getting all these test done to see (rule out hopefully) ulcerative colitis or crohn's disease...I get a colonoscopy tomorrow too (what fun, I know)
    Grab the opportunities life hands you, that's my motto!

Dance Macabre The Anarchy Angel's Avatar

I had to drink banana flavoured calpol as a child, and i didn't like bananas (still don't) and that made me hurl so bad...but this mythical "Barium" substance, quite curious...i probably had it fed to me at some point in a botched murder attempt.

Dance Macabre

To answer an earlier question, radioactive barium can be made as a result of fission.