Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sphere Break SUCKS!

Default Sphere Break SUCKS!

Helpp mannn i've been trying to beat shinra in chapter three forever. It's Impossible. Really. Anyone have any tips or hints or even Advice that would help????

The only thing that'll beat him is luck....and maybe a very good understanding of the game. Make sure you save your game before the match. It's going to take a few tries until you get the perfect match.

Luck, and big echos can beat him-I played too cautiously. . .and lost as a result. Don't be afraid to go after BIG echos-like coin count: 3 or 4.
    Have you seen my keyblade?

Go for 3 coin echos. Try and use high numbers first, 8's and 9's. 9's disappear at the end of the turn if not used. Pray to whatever deity you believe in he doesn't generate a lot of 1's.
    "Your Life Is Yours Alone... Rise Up And Live It."

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Kick him in the nuts.

Use an entry coin that has a multiplier echo, and make sure you have an entry coin that has the same numerical value as the multiplier you plan to use. That way, if a 1 appears as the multiplicand (the centre number), your echo won't be broken. As a general rule of thumb, I used 3 as my multiplier, and I made sure that one of my entry coins was valued at 3.
    "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." --Colossians 3:23-24

You're only guaranteed to have the Coin Echo though. The other echo you're referring to deals with making sure the sums are all divisible by a certain number. I didn't have any extra coins when I took on the tournament. Now granted, if you can get one of them that's great, but we shouldn't assume he has access to it off the bat.
    "Your Life Is Yours Alone... Rise Up And Live It."

I hated it too! All eight times I played against Shinra, I was mostly pitched a bunch of ones! WTF?! Horrible agonizing death awaits the programmer responsible for this.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

yeh he is a pain in the arse too beat!!, but i did beat him finally, as its been quoted a piss load of times all it takes is a good hand of luck and some good strings of echoes!.

I'm at that spot in the game too. I want to stab him with a large fork! GRWAHHH!!!

hahaha, fair enuf kida fair enuf, i understand how u feel, i memba sittin at the tv just wishin i could reach into the game and rip his head off his little body and stik it up his arse! lol but stik at it make sure u get them echoes high!!

PillowFighter/VampySlayer =Angelus='s Avatar

Step 1: pass maths
    Step 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    Kick him in the nuts.

or simply save just before your 3rd victory.. saves you the trouble of fighting through all the players again.

3 coin echo's would probaly be the best, so its crusial not to break the chain half way in mid game, you'll definitely fall short, with little hope of returning back..:s

btw... my disc sometimes jamms in the scene right after beating shinra... i had to beat him 3 times before it worked properly, and i got a chance to save..

LittleMissAwesome will always be my favourite Twin!!
    ~We lose the certain things, as we seek the uncertain ones..~

Hahaha!! same here i hated it >_<...it took me almost 2 days to win...and just by plain LUCK!!

....it was really irritating ..cuz' its like the game was cheating or something

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

dont you get given 4 certain coins so you cant use extra multiplying coins!
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Dance Macabre The Anarchy Angel's Avatar

Sphere Break drove me insane and i never bothered with it after the tournament (loosing several times)...but these echoes as noted previously are crucial to winning...and what is it with chains in this game?!

Dance Macabre