Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Q's for the international peoples

Q's for the international peoples

1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country?
    2. What is a popular sport there?
    3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there."
    4. The people are ____?
    5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you?
    6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country?
    7. Who's the most famous celb. there?
    8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive?
    9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country?
    10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country?
    Have you seen my keyblade?

Blog Entries

01. I'm not really sure, I don't drink. xD
    02. Soccer
    03. "Hey, I just live here". It's okay, but it's not Ireland.
    04. OMG so weird. O_o
    05. No.
    06. Yes.
    07. Probably... I don't have a clue.
    08. 18.
    09. Pop/ Dance/ Rock. The usual.
    10. Brigitte Nielsen.

Ciddieless since 2004

1: Voting = 18
    Drinking = Practically nothing. A 12 year old waving a €5 note would get a drink (and I'm not joking )
    2: Gaelic football / hurling
    3: Ireland's nice (and beautiful), but it's a little too unlively for my liking.
    4: The people are great craic.
    5: Meh. There are worse places.
    6: Yes - anyone Eastern-European.
    7: U2
    8: Not sure. 16 I think.
    9: Anything.
    10: Yeah, two - Gerry Adams and Ian Paisley.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 18/18
    2. What is a popular sport there? gaelic football, hurling, football (or soccer), football being top.
    3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I love it, despite its many troubles
    4. The people are ____? everything you can think of you will find here
    5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? nope & few here do, it's loved
    6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Until recently, racism was never an issue, we were too preoccupied fighting eachother to attach minorities, now for some reason, ethnic minorities are getting attacked a lot in Protestant neirbourhoods, to the point where all most are starting to move in the Catholic areas of the West & North of Belfast, it needs to be sorted & quick.
    7. Who's the most famous celb. there?umm...not HERE anymore but Kenneth Branagh, Actor. C.S. Lewis, writer. Van Morrison, Singer.
    8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 17 for cars, 16 for 50cc mopeds/scooters
    9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country?most popular would be techno/trance/house/rave etc etc then rock then hip hop, my personal choices are the last two
    10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country?Iain Paisley, Biggoted Protestant politician who's hatred for anything Irisah & Catholic knows no boundaries, then in equal bastardom Mickey McKevett, jailed leader of the RIRA, breakaway IRA ground which didn't want the ceasefire & continued to fight & Johnny Adair, the fat twatish Loyalist who is actually no longer here but in England because he fled the country after a hit was put on him

LE FIN

edit: i forgot to mention i'm aswering about Puerto Rico

1. 18 for both but almost every drinker started with no problem at 16 and the politics down here are so corrupted that sometimes 16 will do for voting (you know, a guy wanting his party to win and letting a kid go to vote).
    2. The three major sports here are, in no particular order, baseball, basketball and boxing.
    3. I absolutely love my country.
    4. Exagerated.
    5. Haha! Puerto Rico is the only country (or should i say colony...) in the word that about 40% of the population want it to be state 51, 57% would like to keep sucking money from the states (meaning they love the states too) and about 3% that want it to be a republic. Im form the 3% but I don't hate the states, just their leaders.
    6. Let me put it this way: my grandmother is morena (lighter than black, darker than white) and she doesn't like too much the black (yes, i said black, thats the color they are and it is not an issue here) too much.
    7. Whoever is famous in hollywood, the news casts and bunch of other people (when you're famous most of the people just want to know something about you... well, everything). being a celebrity here is kindda the highier you can get.
    8. 16
    9. God forsaken reggueton. just imagine rap but a LOT LOT worse. i mean, i like rap but when it is done the proper way, not just singing about how much money you have and how much ladies like you.
    10. in my town that would be "el meon", "el hijo del meon" (el meon got an idiot son) and "juan galalu"
    Last edited by radyk05; 06-22-2005 at 03:44 AM.

This is Australia
    1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 18
    2. What is a popular sport there? Footy! Or Criket!
    3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I love Australia.
    4. The people are all drunk
    5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? No...
    6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? yes, against the Aboriginies
    7. Who's the most famous celb. there? from Aus? Nicole Kidman probably.
    8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? you can get your P at 16 and 9 months.
    9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Rock, Pop, and all that Rap stuff....ugh...
    10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Yeah, John Howard (the Prime Minister)

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm from the USA, but I wanna fill this out anyways.

1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 21
    2. What is a popular sport there? Baseball
    3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I really don't love America, but I love New York. New York City specifically.
    4. The people are ____? Um, like most people?
    5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? I won't comment on that, but rather, I'll say it's idiotic to hate a country.
    6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Nope. <--- EDIT: What I mean is, I was never a victim to racism. This country has racism, which is very unfortunate, like every country does.
    7. Who's the most famous celb. there? Oh, we have many.
    8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 16 for a driver's permit, 17 to drive alone.
    9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Rap I guess. :/
    10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Many, like all countries.
    Last edited by Rye; 06-22-2005 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Nope.
    I cant believe you just said that.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm confused with what the question meant. This country has racism, unfortunatly, but I'm not victim to it. *fixes my answer* There!

Because the questions were about your Country, not you, I thought the question would have meant "Has your country ever had to deal with racism?" Not you as an individual. I'm not gonna point fingers, because we are prpetty horrible too, but some of the things I have seen...I can't sleep...

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Norway

2. What is a popular sport there? Soccer, by far.
    3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." A mix, there's no reason to hate it.
    4. The people are ____? Not outgoing. They're pretty stiff and keep to themselves. This is not the case in the younger generations though.
    5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? Why would I hate the entire America? Or are you just talking about the US? 'cus if you are just talking about the US, then that's one of the reasons why I dislike it. Stop calling yourselves America.
    6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Yes, it's still a big problem here.
    7. Who's the most famous celb. there? Royal family and soccer players.
    8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? With someone who has the licence; 16. Without anyone else; 18.
    9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Amongst the younger generation; Hip Hop and R'n'B, sadly. Rock is pretty popular in the north though.
    10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Yes

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 18 and 18
    2. What is a popular sport there? Soccer, Cricket, Tennis, Rugby
    3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." No, I just live here. It's not bad, but it's nothing special either. Mainly because of...
    4. The people are ____? ... lackwits who value stupidty and who make the KKK look tolerant and loving of 'other folks'.
    5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? Not in the slightest.
    6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? Yes, mainly because a lot of white folks are racist, so it causes understandable resentment and mistrust
    7. Who's the most famous celb. there? Hrmmm... couldn't honestly say any one person is, but it's likely a fair few people from the US rival our own people
    8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 17
    9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Same as the US, but less country.
    10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? No, there are occasional 'village smart peoples' however.

Australia -

1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country? 18 years of age.
    2. What is a popular sport there? Australian Rules Football and Cricket.
    3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there." I love my country
    4. The people are ____? Really friendly and laid back. It a 'no worries' thing.
    5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? Not really. I just think the country has a lot of issues that need to be worked out. As we all do.
    6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? There is racism in every country. But no, haven't personally been a victim of racism.
    7. Who's the most famous celb. there? At the moment it I would have to say it would be Kylie Minogue. She's always been an Australian icon - but the media's focusing even more on her because of her breast cancer at the moment.
    8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? You can get your 'L Plates' at 16 but to go for your license I think it's either 17 or 18.
    9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Depends on what people are listening to at the moment. All sorts of music is popular. But we all like to support the Australian music industry - so Australian musicians get focused on alot.
    10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? Yes.

Ireland

2. What is a popular sport there? Soccer

3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there.", Hey I just live there but nobody insults it except me and other Irish people

4. The people are ? usually friendly. Some are moody. They're all the same when theyre drunk.

5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you? I dont hate America. But Bush and theyre "your either with us or against us" opinions are irritating.

6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country? I personally havent and theres not a particular problem with ti over here but there is the occasional bad opinion of a foreigner like any other county. People do generally have a problem with travllers and the travelling community as you'll often here of them causing trouble and being rough and occasionally dangerous. Theres always been trouble in the north which belongs to England between catholics and Protestants.

7. Who's the most famous celeb. there? "In" the country or "from" the country? Id say Colin Farrel if its from and if its in then you probably havent heard of them.

8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive? 18 me thinks

9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country? Younger people like pop and R&B. Older people like Irish music and old songs (go figure)

10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country? No one in particular, Theres an idiot village in my town though. People from the estate "Childers" are seen as rough and troublesome and people who live in caravans and travel around the country (knackers) are viewed as trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by *iloveme06*
    1. What is the drinking/voting age in your country?
    2. What is a popular sport there?
    3. Do you actually LOVE your country, or is it: "Hey, I just live there."
    4. The people are ____?
    5. (I know most. . .well, perhaps ALL countries hate America. .) but do you?
    6. Have you ever had to deal with racism in your country?
    7. Who's the most famous celb. there?
    8. How old do you have to be inorder to drive?
    9. What kind of music would you say is popular in your country?
    10. I have to know-is there a "village idiot" in your country?
    England

1. 18
    2. Football aka Soccer
    3. I love England
    4. Friendly
    5. I don't hate America, but I find them patronising, and they love themselves
    6. No
    7. The Royals or David Beckham
    8. 17
    9. Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, Crazy Frog
    10. Anyone who was on celbrity wrestling.