Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those damn Economizers u.ú

Default Those damn Economizers u.ú

Is there another way to get one aside killing BRachosaurs, stealing Aquilas or Colosseum? Because find a Brachosaur/Aquila is a pain. T_T

I'm tired of using 50+ Smoke Bombs until I find one. I can't believe I've always done this. T_T
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

If you bet the Gem Box in the Coliseum you will receive an Economizer for it.
    Gah but after the hassle of beating that damn MagiMaster for the precious Gem Box!
    -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
    If you bet the Gem Box in the Coliseum you will receive an Economizer for it.
    Gah but after the hassle of beating that damn MagiMaster for the precious Gem Box!
    -_-'
    The ONLY Gem Box in the game just to get an Economizer? T___T
    Back to the BRachosaurs.. T____T

Yes, the only Gem Box...
    I never found an Economizer either because I hate fighting in that dinosaur forest and I don't really like the Phoenix Cave as well.
    Gold hairpins will always suffice for me!

But it is IRRITATING that Economizers are so hard to get!

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But if you fight Brachiosaurs you'll end up with tons of experience. They're a pain, but the Genji Glove + 4 attack relic (I can't remember the name now) + Ultima Weapon trick , or the W-magic + Ultima +Mimic trick should help you kill them off pretty easily.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The reason Economizers are so hard to get is because they're so useful. And as was stated before, a combination of the Illumina, Atma Weapon, Genji Glove and Offering should make short work of any dinosaur.

The problem isn't to kill them. Actually, Relm + Double Ice 3 + some Ice 2 = Dead Brachosaur.

The problem is to FIND them. So far in this game I've found three. And none of them dropped Economizers. T_T

I spent a ton of time leveling my characters in the Dinosaur Forest, and eventually got a few Economizers. It’s very random how they’re dropped, sometimes every Brachiosaur you fight drops one and sometimes you get a string of like ten without getting a single Economizer. There are some versions of the game where you can steal Economizers from Aquilas and some where you can’t, but unfortunately I don’t remember how to tell them apart. If you can steal them, then stealing them is easier because Aquilas appear a lot more often than Brachiosaurs. But if you go through about ten Aquilas without getting an Economizer, you probably have the version wherein you can't steal an Economizer.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Its been awhile since I have played but I think if you bet a Strato you will fight an Aquila at the Colosseum. Simply select gogo and make all of his battle commands into steal. And just sit there and wait for him to steal it. You should either get a Fenix down or the economizer. Hope this helps .

while that will almost certainly net you an Economizer, it will also lose you a Strato. If you're willing to go that route though I suppose it's possible, but seems more sensible just to wander around the Phoenix Cave for awhile.

Its been years since I have played FFVI. So refresh my memory. Is the strato really that good/rare?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did you try giving Locke the Offering + that relic that changes Steal into Mug? If you do, he'll steal 4 times in a row while also damaging the enemy. If you substitute the relic for the Genji Glove, he won't deal damage, but he should steal 8 times in a row if I remember correctly.

I have fought 4 Brachosaurs, and got no Economizers
    However, the best way to kill them is to have the guy with the Gem Boz cast Vanish/Doom.

the Vanish/Doom combo might actually be the reason you're not getting any Economizers. I'm pretty sure I've never gotten an Economizer using that combo.

I've fought 3 and never gotten a drop, and I only use Vanish/Degen on Tyranosuars.