Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those damn Economizers u.ú

Quote Originally Posted by Werecanary
    But if you fight Brachiosaurs you'll end up with tons of experience. They're a pain, but the Genji Glove + 4 attack relic (I can't remember the name now) + Ultima Weapon trick , or the W-magic + Ultima +Mimic trick should help you kill them off pretty easily.
    Or gem box to cast 2 spells and have the spell "quick". then cast something like Ultima, Quick, ultima, ultima, ultima, ultima.
    Or just any spell just be sure that you do first a spell then quick and you can do 5 spells in a row

That's something I've wondered about...with the Gem Box, can you cast 5 in a row, or only another 3? I think it gives you only one automatic turn when you cast two spells, not two turns. Could be wrong, though.

I seem to remember it giving you five turns.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    the Vanish/Doom combo might actually be the reason you're not getting any Economizers. I'm pretty sure I've never gotten an Economizer using that combo.
    Yeah, that happened with me, too.

But when I was playing FF6 earlier, I did the Vanish/X-Zone trick every time I fought a Bracosaur, and each time, I got an Economizer, except for one time. I never got one using Vanish/Doom.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

bizarre. X-Zone usually deprives you of any prize you'd get.

Here's a tip I read on another forum a while back. Aquillas can be fought in the colloseum so if you bring somebody like gogo with steal, steal, steal, thief knight, sneak ring and running shoes it should be quite easy. I forgot which items to bet to fight one though so you'll have to do a small bit of research. Remember though, only one in every eight Aquillas will actually have an Economizer and the rest will have phoenix downs. Does that help any?
    Look, I'm a strange person. When I was younger, nothing used to make me laugh any harder then when somebody made fun of me. Unfortunatly for me, my mockers looked at me strangely and stopped when I did this. Go figure.

Hopefully that'll help people, but only if they have the version of the game where Aquilas have Economizers at all. The version I borrowed from my friend on cartridge for awhile wasn't that version, and thus I had to get them all by defeating Brachiosaurs.

Easiest way to get economizers is give someone genji glove and offering as well as 2 strongweapons(Illumnia and Atma Weapon for example) hold down A and walk back and forth in the forest. I got 7 from leveling 6 people from ~level 30 up to 99. They're pretty common when you're leveling up a bunch.

You can fight an Aquila in the Colisseum by betting a Strato.