Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ff12 the end? or a new(arguably horrible) beginning?

Eh the thread turned into an FFXII game thread, to a general SE game thread about how they make their games. o.o

From what i looked at, its a mix of FFXI's system with Crystal Chronicles. See the E3 Demo or something.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I find Ivalice quite cool. I'll send you guys a post card of me in Ivalice. XD

Fran!!! You can never beat Fran!!!!!!! MUHAAHAHA!!
    Fran Is so cool ^^

im confused the game isnt even out yet how can you say you hate it

I agree with sarkis and soapy_jack completely and we dont hate it but we can only hope that it will be good.iv only started playin FFs in december 04 when i got FF1-2 for gba. i loved it so much that i got all the others in the series. when i found 1 that lost my interest i went on and iv donr them all in numerical order and so far iv beat 1,2,4,7,and 8 i almost beat 10 but after i beat yunalesca i started to stop i prefer the RPGs i play to have 2 things: random battle encounters and turn based/ATB for the battle system. 10 had a great battle system (havent played 10-2,Tactics,TA,or magic quest yet though) i really enjoyed that u could switch characters at will but XI has a defective battle system when you compare it to the offline FFs. i liked star oceans battle system to the extent that it had a challenge to it but would i pay $50 (or more) for another one? HECK NO! they dont need to extend the horrible way of finding monsters in XI to the offline games either i WILL buy XII but will i ENJOY it? i dont know...
    plus i enjoyed the games up to 10 a little more for the world map. if someone doesnt like it they dont have to but id like to see a world map, a ATB or turn based fighting system, and random battles to return in future FF mastepieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Prophecy.Crash..
    I dont think there'll ever be a FINAL Final fantasy...
    :goofy: i don't want to be basking and waiting for the end of everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentsinnerdemon
    I agree with sarkis and soapy_jack completely and we dont hate it but we can only hope that it will be good.iv only started playin FFs in december 04 when i got FF1-2 for gba. i loved it so much that i got all the others in the series. when i found 1 that lost my interest i went on and iv donr them all in numerical order and so far iv beat 1,2,4,7,and 8 i almost beat 10 but after i beat yunalesca i started to stop i prefer the RPGs i play to have 2 things: random battle encounters and turn based/ATB for the battle system. 10 had a great battle system (havent played 10-2,Tactics,TA,or magic quest yet though) i really enjoyed that u could switch characters at will but XI has a defective battle system when you compare it to the offline FFs. i liked star oceans battle system to the extent that it had a challenge to it but would i pay $50 (or more) for another one? HECK NO! they dont need to extend the horrible way of finding monsters in XI to the offline games either i WILL buy XII but will i ENJOY it? i dont know...
    plus i enjoyed the games up to 10 a little more for the world map. if someone doesnt like it they dont have to but id like to see a world map, a ATB or turn based fighting system, and random battles to return in future FF mastepieces.
    A very good point there removeing alot of the classic elements from final fantasy wich will kill it for alot of fans. Im sure it will gain them newer fans of RPG's who dont care about the clasics and would love the way there doing it now but personaly when you lose the clasic elements you lose the soul of the game. I Realy wish they would use an overworld map all of the best RPG's I have played used overworld maps and there was a great deal of fun in useing them. if they MUST get rid of the overworld map the LEST they can do is creat a completly nonliner landscape like In the Zelda games for example. FF 10 had no world map and an extremly liner landscape every werea was cunected on more or less the same path. If there not going to give us an overworld map then make the entire game like a zomed in overworld map at lest then some of the fun of that map will live on. I hope you understand what Im trying to say im finding it hard to give examples.

You are a Black Mage, master of the Arcane you unleash total destruction on your enemys.

You can keep your Little pea shooter and that over sized butter knife you call a sword. I have all I need with my black magic.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's not revive old threads.
    --Box Box Box Box