Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I became the first FF8 player to defeat Omega Weapon without Lionheart!

*bows to ultima-shadow*

and yuffielover

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

HA....

Gimme a break!
    There is no good without evil.....
    ....So..Is it good to be evil or evil to be good

about to insert the "P" disapointedchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow ages ago...
    This way, this easy game actually becomes a great challange instead of the easiest of all the FF's. This is how to go: All the characters must only have their first weapon trough the whole game. Cards are not allowed to be refined into items. You are not allowed to draw from enemies or bosses (neither GFs or Magic), only drawpoints or refine items into magic. And finally... are you ready? ...Only junction Ability (mad rush, darkside etc). No other forms of junctioning are allowed. No magic junctioning to boost stats and not even those 20%str and Auto-protect etc junctionings are allowed to be junctioned.

So basically... your party have their first weapons... low stats (suprisingly useless attack command) and more limmited amount of Magics and GFs + can't get 100hero from the Laguna card :evilking: . In the very begining it's not that hard but since the monsters also lvl up... on my current place in this FFVIII challange I had to hit one of those small brown crawles 3 times to kill it.

And finally... the ULTIMATE challange... to defeat Omega and Ultima Weapon this way (without using "the end" of course) however that's an optional super challange.

All in all this is just for FFVIII freaks who want to test their skill at FFVIII.
    Well, you know what, I am going to go do that, I even printed out ultima's rules of engagment, so I could follow them throughout the game. Then I will be the second person to defeat Omega with a blindfold. And the first to defeat
    ultima with a blidnfold? Maybe?

Just one question, after omega uses light pillar on a random person in your party, how did you know which character to revive if you were blindfolded?

But I should of said this before, so as not to be rude, congratulations on defeating omega.

Your a real winner.
    Too big. The height limit is 250 pixels including images as well as text.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disapointedchild
    Well, you know what, I am going to go do that, I even printed out ultima's rules of engagment, so I could follow them throughout the game. Then I will be the second person to defeat Omega with a blindfold. And the first to defeat

Just one question, after omega uses light pillar on a random person in your party, how did you know which character to revive if you were blindfolded?
    Awesome! Tell me about how it's going as you're advancing. Maybe you could make thread about it and update as you're advancing etc.

Gah... I have defeated Omega and Ultimecia blindfolded but still not attempted Ultima blindfolded! I'll do that sometime soon though.

Simple. Memory is extremely important. You'll have to place the "Magic" command on the same line for every character (I had it directly under the "Attack" command so I just needed to press "down" once to have the Magic command selected) then you'll have to remember "where" you put each spell that will be useful in this battle. For example, before I fought Omega, I put Full Life on the first place in the magic list, Aura on the second and Meltdown on the thirth etc. This way, I just needed to select "Magic" by pressing down once after hearing that someone got a turn and then press X, and then just chose a spell by pressing "down" a certain amount of times depending on which spell I wanted to use. Or in this case, I just had to press X again since Full Life was automatically the first selected spell in the magic list. And the KOed character is also automatically selected, so yeah...

the whole point of these optional bosses put in final fantasys is to test your character's true strengths and give you the best challenge the game can offer. beating a boss like this using something like THE END or another 1-hit-kill attack defeats the purpose of these bosses.
    beating these bosses involves training for long hours to get ur characters strong enough to actually put up a fight. a level 1 selfie could have got THE END while fighting omega and won, too.
    as far as im concerned, you have nothing to brag about. sorry if i sound harsh and like a jerk, but i really dont think the developers put omega in the game, just for u to try and get THE END on him.
    im sure u can beat him without THE END, just try it.
    Sam = Ax = MAS82587 = PedroXC = DistanceRunner = Cloud of SOLDIER

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow congrats!! Im still stuck on adel...

Adel is easy once you have learned the adminstratar ability.

It's not that hard to kill Omega Weapon without using Squall's Lionheart blade & Limit. You could use Irvine & use his most effective Shot Limit against Omega. That's how I killed Ultimecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by disapointedchild

Awesome! Tell me about how it's going as you're advancing. Maybe you could make thread about it and update as you're advancing etc.

Gah... I have defeated Omega and Ultimecia blindfolded but still not attempted Ultima blindfolded! I'll do that sometime soon though.

Simple. Memory is extremely important. You'll have to place the "Magic" command on the same line for every character (I had it directly under the "Attack" command so I just needed to press "down" once to have the Magic command selected) then you'll have to remember "where" you put each spell that will be useful in this battle. For example, before I fought Omega, I put Full Life on the first place in the magic list, Aura on the second and Meltdown on the thirth etc. This way, I just needed to select "Magic" by pressing down once after hearing that someone got a turn and then press X, and then just chose a spell by pressing "down" a certain amount of times depending on which spell I wanted to use. Or in this case, I just had to press X again since Full Life was automatically the first selected spell in the magic list. And the KOed character is also automatically selected, so yeah...
    ok im not doubting this little theory of yours...but...How did you know a character was dead?? or low on health?

Gimme a break!
    There is no good without evil.....
    ....So..Is it good to be evil or evil to be good

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ff-fanatix
    ok im not doubting this little theory of yours...but...How did you know a character was dead?? or low on health?
    That's the hardest thing about playing blindfolded. I don't know if a character is KOed or at low HP. I have to GUESS. From the very start of the battle, you have to guess what the situation is like, judging from the Sound Effects. When I hear that Meteor has been cast, I know that Omega will use Megido Flame next and therefore I use something that I know will heal my party enough to make everyone have full HP before it's cast. After Megido Flmae is cast, I know that everyone only have 1 HP left etc. The only point where I KNOW that someone's KOed is after Light Pillar. I know that it won't miss and I know that it will KO 1 of my characters. Therefore, after Light Pillar is cast, I use Full Life with the next character that gets a turn. By knowing Omegas attacks and the average dammage they cause, you'll have to guess what the situation is like.

yuffielover,youre not the first. i also manage to do that.except i wasnt using the end,only holy war.in my team were squall,zell and irvine.irvine used hyper shot and zell used final heaven.it was a long fight,but i managed somehow.

You don't have to go that hard on Yuffie's lover. It may not be much to you guys, but apparantly, s/he is proud of it. Just let him/her be happy...

Anyways, I have yet to defeat Omega without all the stuff you mentioned (I think). It's been a while.

Yeah, obviously the kid didn't realize many others have done it before. No need to be nasty.

I however have not done such a feat, let alone blind folded. I love that game, but I don't have even close to enough time to practice it blindfolded.
    Last edited by crazybayman; 06-28-2005 at 02:06 PM.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Magical attacks can hit critically? News to me.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Unhappy

Seriously....Yuffielover is new.........Don't be so smurfing hard on her,SHE DID NOT KNOW! People are such assholes......that's a good reason to be anti-social!!!
    Blindfolded...I hate when people brag like that.I feel stupid,compared to everyone in this forum.Thank you for making me feel stupid.I always will be.smurf.....

Sometimes,magic hits critically if the monster/boss has a weakness.Like when you use Ice on a Bomb.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    <-- Take it from my little friend to the left.
    Do not lose your braincells!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

But that's not a true critical hit, that's just elm weak.

Critical hits are dealt out randomly and elemental weaknesses are consistant.
    Pulling the trigger on Squall's gunblade isn't a critical hit either.