Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody with RPG Maker 2000 or XP wanna help me

Default Anybody with RPG Maker 2000 or XP wanna help me

Ever sence I started playing Namco X Capcom I felt like making a little crossover RPG. I was wondering, if anybody is willing to help, wanna help me make a crossover RPG using RPG Maker 2000 or XP. (XP prefered) so I can get an RPG made of SNK (characters from King of Fightes, Fatal Fury, Last Blade, Samurai Showdown) with characters from Konami (Metal Gear, Suikoden, and Yugioh).

So far the character roster will be something like this...

Generic Hero named "Jinkai"

Iori Yagami
    Kyo Kusanagi
    King
    Kim Kaphwan
    Mai Shuranui
    Ryo Sakazaki
    Mr Karate
    Orochi
    Geese Howard
    Terry Boghard
    Bennimaru
    Rugal
    Haouhmarou
    Genjiro
    Jubei
    Eaerthquake
    Nicotine
    Seigar
    Shiki
    Kaede
    Athena
    Hibiki
    Shiki
    Kagami
    Solid Snake
    Revolver Ocelot
    Psycho Mantis
    The Fury
    The Fear
    Liquid Snake
    Solidus Snake
    Vamp
    Tir Mchdol
    Gremio
    Riou (Suikoden 2's hero)
    Flik
    Viktor
    Futch (adult)
    Geddoe
    Hugo
    Chris
    Luc
    Luca Blight
    Suikoden IV's hero
    Snowe Vingerhut
    Jowy Atreides
    Grahm Cray
    Pharoh Yugi
    Malik
    Dark Bakura
    Kaiba
    Pegasus

If anybody is up for helping me then PM me with a messanger handle that I can reach you with.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't have an RPG maker which is just as well due to my general ineptitude in such areas. However, I'm a rather good writer and can help wtih storyboards and the like. Also, to add to the roster (characters from the Zone of the Enders series):

Dingo Egret in Jehuty
    Leo Steinbuck in Vic Viper
    Nohman in Anubis
    Ken Marinaris in Ardjet
    Lloyd in Inhert
    Viola AI in Nephitis

They are from the Zone of the Enders series by Hideo Kojima, which is quite good. Just something to consider doing, it may be hard to pull off.

I can be reached via the screen names in my profiles.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

i can help with scripting... do you need a catterpillar script (people in your party follow you) for rpg tsukuru xp. or rmxp

I may be able to help with graphics and with the storyline, and putting it together (you send, I do stuff, send back, etc)

That's if I have time... which is a 60/40 in your favour

spaces.msn.com/members/nudgewoot I like rice

Nah, I can get the story just fine. I'll probably add Castlevania characters to this. Anybody got a list of characters from that series? I don't think I eve rreally played a Castlevania game ever.

I can help with a bit...if you want. Tsukasa is MUCH better than me though.
    (I don't like that caterpiller script )

Quote Originally Posted by tsukasa
    i can help with scripting... do you need a catterpillar script (people in your party follow you) for rpg tsukuru xp. or rmxp
    Nah, no caterpillar script is needed.

PM me with an instant messanger handle I can reach you with.

I am officialy programing the game!

Is there a limit as to how many playable charaters can be in a game?

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can probably help you think of more characters...

Is it possible to program something in combat so two or more characters can do certain teamwork attacks?

Here's the story so far

Time and space coexist and dance in a rhythmic tune. If the rhythem were disrupted then physical reality would be drastically altered. Somebody is planning on doing just that. In a dimensional prison hidden under a wrinkle of space a sorceror by the name of "Soulstice" is kept. But after 4,000 years he manages to escape from his dimensional jailcell. Wilth many plots and magic spells he begins his sceme for universal destruction...

Elseware, in an unknown plain of green grass, seven bewildered people suddenly warp and pop from their homeworlds to this location. Among them is a Japanese desendant of the Kusanagi tribe (Kyo Kusanagi), a rash young street fighter from South Town (Terry Bogard), a samurai from the fudal ages (Haohmaru), a one-eyed mercnary from Harmonia's 12 Defense unit (Geddoe), a former US Marine from the cold fields of Alaska (Solid Snake), a lone vampire hunter, (Alucard) and on lone young man...

... and so it begins
    Last edited by Erdrick Holmes; 06-27-2005 at 05:40 AM.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    Is it possible to program something in combat so two or more characters can do certain teamwork attacks?
    I don't think so seeing how '03 wont let you then whats the chance of 2000 having it. If you do download '03 than you can ask manhalis to help you 'cause he knows a lot of hacks. And Yukikiro claims he is good at making sprites...

I can make some of the sprites. I'd much rather have the version of RPG maker that doesn't show battles from First person perspective.

Is it possible to make it so you can rename the main character to whatever you want.

I can make some of the sprites. I'd much rather have the version of RPG maker that doesn't show battles from First person perspective.

Is it possible to make it so you can rename the main character to whatever you want.
    RM2k3 doesn't show from First Person.

And, if you're asking whether it's possible to make an event where you decide the name of a character, then yes it is.

Or atleast, it is on 2k3 so I'd imagine it is on any other version. Although on my version all the letters are complete jibberish, so I can't use it.

Also, Charas seems to be good for making Sprites, but I haven't used it yet. And Charas Resources has the alot of Resources from other people.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Yep, it's very possible. You need someone who's very familiar with the system, though, and requires quite a lot of scripting.

I can help out with graphics and some basic scripting.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!