Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiddy TV

Default Kiddy TV

What are your opinions of TV for kids these days?

I think most of the kids' shows suck, to be honest.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Its all pretty much the same, but given that we're grown up we cant see things from the kid's point of view, and all the shows we grew up on still hold a special place for us, we still enjoy them for nostalgic reasons.

I think in some areas, it's actually improved. I really enjoy some of the new cartoons out today.

The quality varies a lot in my opinion. Some shows are ridicolous while some are good. I have a little sister, who is 9, and she watches Cartoon Network and Fox Kids all the time. Sometimes I find myself not understanding why she "wastes" her time watching these cartoons, but at the same time there are shows that I also really like, such as "SpongeBob Squarepants" and "Dexter's Lab." ect.

The kiddy TV programmes I hate are the ones for little children.. like The Tweenies and stuff like that. When you compare ones like that to some of the old ones like The Wombles or The Clangers... they suck.

ALL I KNOW IS THERE IS NOTHING THAT COMES CLOSE THE OVERALL COOLNESS OF TRANSFORMERS.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Spongebob Squarepants is seriously one of the greatest kid shows. The hardest I've ever laughed would probably be while watching an episode. Last night I was nearly crying laughing, because they had the Spongebob episode where Spongebob thinks he's ugly, but he just had bad breath, and people were spazzing out about the smell.

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Teen Titans and a lot of other ones rock too. I'll probably edit this post and add some more to the list.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

The filth they show to little kiddies these days is terrible. Bob the Builder my arse. What the hell was wrong with Postman Pat and Fireman Sam? And why do they feel the need to change stuff? The new theme song for Thomas the Tank engine is evil incarnate.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kyono
    The filth they show to little kiddies these days is terrible. Bob the Builder my arse. What the hell was wrong with Postman Pat and Fireman Sam? And why do they feel the need to change stuff? The new theme song for Thomas the Tank engine is evil incarnate.
    They re-did Thomas the Tank Engine's theme song!? That is one show that should just stay as is, it was awesome. :/

THANK YOU.

The TV shows for older kids isn't so bad, it's just the ones for little kids. Like BOB THE DAMN BUILDER. And yes, Fireman Sam was one of the best kid's shows ever. He was so cool.

Spongebob Squarepants rules And Foster's can be amusing sometimes, but the greatest Cartoon Network programme is, without a doubt, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I laugh so hard I almost wet myself at that.

The Tweenies needs to be taken off the air.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffing Cheese
    The TV shows for older kids isn't so bad, it's just the ones for little kids. Like BOB THE DAMN BUILDER. And yes, Fireman Sam was one of the best kid's shows ever. He was so cool.

Spongebob Squarepants rules And Foster's can be amusing sometimes, but the greatest Cartoon Network programme is, without a doubt, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I laugh so hard I almost wet myself at that.

The Tweenies needs to be taken off the air.
    I agree, Billy and Mandy own. That was the show I forgot to add to my list. I like the show with Hector Con Carne too, the brain.

Two of the best older cartoons, by far, were Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

pure genius, imo

Pinky and the Brain is hilarious xD

But seriously, I was looking after my mother's friend's daughter, and she was watching Balamory... by the time it had finished, I was seriously considering shooting myself.

And then there's that Dora the Explorer one. Me and my friends have a grudge against that programme... it outsmarted us.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Even though kid shows definitely will never be able to compare with kids shows from the 90s, there are still some pretty good shows. Like Spongebob, even though some stupid little girl almost ruined it for us. Foster's home is all right and so is Teen Titans. My favorite American cartoon is actually Justice League: Unlimited.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

They should put Ren and Stimpy back on Nickelodeon. That was completely badass.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They should put Ren and Stimpy back on Nickelodeon. That was completely badass.
    They did on another channel. But they weren't good. I think it was on Spike TV.