Thread: Any Heinlein readers?

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

Grin Any Heinlein readers?

Any fans here of one of Science fictions greatest imaginations?

*Look at the avatar*
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

Starship Troopers was an incredible book. The technology and general descriptions he included were amazing, and the society he created seemed as if it would actually work. I think the first Starship Troopers movie caught the book's atmosphere perfectly, even if they did misrepresent the technology something fierce. (flamers and mini-nukes ROCK)

I really haven't liked the rest of the Heinlein I've read, though. Did he write Stranger in a Strange Land?

yes, he did. That's actually the only Heinlein I've finished, although I've stated several of his other works and not had time to finish them due to other commitments. I love what I've read; I found Stranger in a Strange Land to have a number of fascinating ideas in it, even though I didn't agree with all of them. I did agree with his central conclusion that jealousy harms most relationships, I just don't think his polyamorous fantasies are necessarily viable in a world where STDs are still a particularly potent threat.

I need to read more. I'll put those other books of his next on my "to-read" list after Pynchon and Rand.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)