Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you know?

Default Did you know the meaning of SeeD?

did you know that the SeeD idea of "dispatching around the world" is from the bible? it means to spread the word of christianity around the world. God is the "garden", and his people are the "seeds" something like that. just wanted to let you know.

Interesting. SeeD is Christian? Is that why they try to stop the sorceress, because she's a heretic?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I like that concept. It's a very interesting way to look at it. Thank you.
    Not ALL White Mages are girls!

So, who would be the God then? 'Cause there was SeeD from Trabia, Balamb & Galbadia. Norg was the master of Balamb [Or was it Cid..? But Norg ordered Cid around], Martine is the ruler of Galdbadia & no one knows about Trabia.

Very interesting point.

I don't think they mean to have someone in the game who signifies God. Everything else is very symbolic, the Seeds coming from their respective Gardens, which is a great way to do it. Sort of like they did in FFVII.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

hmmm never thought of it that way mind you now i'm gonna go insane thinking about it but i doubt it really does have much of a significant religous message in it
    We are the dream of the Fayth
    Vincent

Which Advent Children character are you? Find out here!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The themes of religion and gardens are pervasive in FFVIII.

For example, there's the GF Eden, which is named after the garden of Eden, which leads me to suspect that Eden is in fact an organic version of a garden.

Also the puzzle in Ultimecia's castle: (SPOILER) 'In the garden sleeps a messenger'. Since the GF Diablos has an attack called 'Dark Messenger' I wonder if the garden is Eden and Diablos represents the serpent that tempted Adam and Eve.

And of course Rinoa's angelic theme. Her dress, dog, and limits all are based on Angels.

so it uses themes least it ain't preaching peace and love and all that stuff
    Vincent

Contributions

At once point Selphie speculates that the President will make a speech about peace and love. But I think she was kidding. Sometimes, it's hard to tell with Selphie.

well one second it seemed she was kidding the next it seemed she wasn't i was gonna say something about a person walking on water but then i'll most likely get a balamb garden floating on water shtick
    Vincent

Contributions

My experience with games that use western religions (FFVII, FFVIII, Xenogears) tend to borrow elements piecemeal without trying to incorperate the whole underlying priciples.

EDIT: Just thought of something. If Rinoa is intended to be an angel, then maybe Ultimecia is considered to be a fallen angel.

eh phew thought i was getting into a whole new religion there for a second now if you will excuse me my temple isn;t gonna build itself
    Vincent

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    EDIT: Just thought of something. If Rinoa is intended to be an angel, then maybe Ultimecia is considered to be a fallen angel.
    Seifer's the one with the black feathers, but he serves ultimecia. Hmm.

and there's nothing wrong with love and peace<3 Go watch trigun again xD

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    Seifer's the one with the black feathers, but he serves ultimecia.
    What do you mean, rubah? Seifer didn't have feathers.

Anyway, yeah, Ultimecia definitely represented the opposite of all that Rinoa is. Whereas Rinoa is loving and selfless, Ultimecia is hateful and selfish. Where Rinoa has white wings, Ultimecia has black.

Whereas Rinoa's got an Angel theme, Ultimecia's got an evil theme. Recall the name of one of her attacks: "Hell's Judgement."
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD
    What do you mean, rubah? Seifer didn't have feathers.
    I've seen a couple pictures of Seifer with black feathers surrounding him. I tried to upload the wallpaper I have that illustrates that, but the file was too large.

Anyways, I think that's what she's talking about.

--Box Box Box Box