Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dof they give Aeris such a likeable personality so the gamers would feel a great loss

Correction: I'm pretty sure playable characters died in FFII, as well. Of course, no one bothered to finish that game so no one knows for sure.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Huh? What personality?

*hugs Heidegger plush doll*

Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD

Honestly, however, I can't stand Aerith. I don't find her likable at all and wouldn't want to be around her. Tifa, however, is extremely likable in my opinion.

I feel the same way. I hated Aeris on my first play through, and I hate her the second time too, though not quite as much. From there, my feelings for her never changed.

However, the creators did intend to make this scene as sad as possible, and even I found it slightly sad. I was actually sad for Cloud though, not Aeris. The music also had something to do with it.

I was out of breath because I was laughing that she died, I was very happy she's definatly my least favorite character of out the whole FF series so I didn't really care but my one friend gets really mad if I say Aerith and then get my fanart of her getting stabbed, so it must depend on the person.

I guess that every game has its certain personalities. The rebel, the badass, etc.

I think that she fit a certain type they were looking for, and found that she may be the best one to kill off because she possessed certain things that the others didn't. She was also what I always viewed as the harmless loving caring one, so when she died it was really sad. If it were Yuffie you'd be like "Ah [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img], that sucks"

Maybe that's just me...

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Aeris was a nice character, she's usually in my party during Disc 1. The feeling of loss is certainly a lot bigger due to the whole death scene. Aeris' theme playing during the whole scene, even the battle against Jenova*Life, Cloud's words, the lake funeral scene all add to the scene, no doubt. Even though everyone has a right to their own opinion, I still think it's emotionally quite immature for someone to laugh when someone dies, especially when it's not a comical scene at all, but a sad and an emotional one. I admit I was pretty much laughing when Palmer was hit by a truck or when Reno kicked Don Corneo down the cliff, but I could have never laughed during Aeris' death scene.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    Correction: I'm pretty sure playable characters died in FFII, as well. Of course, no one bothered to finish that game so no one knows for sure.
    Yes, FFII had tons of characters, both playable and non-playable, die. I think the playable characters that die include FFII spoilersMinh, Joseph, Richard, and the NPCs that die include the King of Phin, Prince Scott and Cid. FFIIIj also had many characters die, but just like with FFIV, most of them were brought back to life later in the game. Those weren't your party members, but people who join your party, and they follow you all along and you can talk with them, but they won't join your battles. Anyway, some characters still died permanently in FFIII, such as FFIII spoilersDorga, Une and Elia, and the last of those 3 is the one who reminded me a lot about Aeris. She also had her beautiful and sad theme play when she died, and she also died when poison arrows shot by a water-elemental enemy (Jenova*Life is clearly water-elemental too) impaled her, and she died to save the Light Warriors. So I don't think the death of Sakaguchi's mother inspired him the concept of Aeris' death, though maybe (SPOILER)the death of Elia was somewhat inspired by the event.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

i liked Aeris and i really enjoyed her personality.
    while playing the game i never knew she was going to die so her death came as a shock to me and the whole scene was very emotional.

the reason she was given a likeable personality is because that when shes does die we miss her character therefore we feel like part of the story

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Tragedies makes storylines better.
    yeah but aerises death wasnt a tragedy so hardly changed a thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Huh? What personality?
    Quoted for truth.

And yeah.. It was an attempt to create great tragedy.

I too liked aeris slightly more than the others, she was me fave chaacter. When she died, i wasn't that sad actually. (It was the first FF game that i played so....) I was more shocked! I was shocked that my main character has died, i spent a lot of time gettnig stuff for her and also i thought she seemed like an important part of the storyline (which she is!) ad for that, she would last the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Huh? What personality?
    Quoted for truth.

it was a really bad attempt though

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi509
    Huh? What personality?
    Quoted for truth.

Ain't that the truth.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    Yes, FFII had tons of characters, both playable and non-playable, die. I think the playable characters that die include FFII spoilersMinh, Joseph, Richard, and the NPCs that die include the King of Phin, Prince Scott and Cid. FFIIIj also had many characters die, but just like with FFIV, most of them were brought back to life later in the game. Those weren't your party members, but people who join your party, and they follow you all along and you can talk with them, but they won't join your battles. Anyway, some characters still died permanently in FFIII, such as FFIII spoilersDorga, Une and Elia, and the last of those 3 is the one who reminded me a lot about Aeris. She also had her beautiful and sad theme play when she died, and she also died when poison arrows shot by a water-elemental enemy (Jenova*Life is clearly water-elemental too) impaled her, and she died to save the Light Warriors. So I don't think the death of Sakaguchi's mother inspired him the concept of Aeris' death, though maybe (SPOILER)the death of Elia was somewhat inspired by the event.
    As stated above, a lot of past FF series characters did died and never came back but not many do bother about them. No threads were make to discuss them and no petition to beg Square to revive them.

As I assume whether Aeris is likable or hated,she definetly have the popularity as many BOTHER to talk about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi509
    Huh? What personality?
    Quoted for truth.

Ain't that the truth.
    I only speak the harsh truth but incredibly lovable truth. They tried to kill of aeris you knew it would happen when cloud was sent to do it

Huh? What personality?

I am the hope of the universe!
    I am the answer to all living
    things that cry out for peace!
    I am the protector of the innocent!
    I am the light in the darkness!
    I am truth.