Thread: Do the characters in FF XII have jobs?

Default Do the characters in FF XII have jobs?

Do they have jobs like the characters in FF I, FF IV, FF IX, and FF X?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I have no idea, but I'm going to take a guess and say it's gonna be like X. They start with set skills and abilities, but leveled up enough they can learn anything and have maximum stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I have no idea, but I'm going to take a guess and say it's gonna be like X. They start with set skills and abilities, but leveled up enough they can learn anything and have maximum stats.
    I'm gonna go with that as well. I think I read somewhere that they'll learn abilities depending on what kind of weapon they have equipped, like FF IX and FFTA

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I believe that they all start with natural strengths towards weapons and types of magi, but given time they can gain strength with any weapon or magic. So it's rather similar to FF II.

They don't have jobs, at least that's what I read in some pre-release FFXII Faqs. They won't have jobs but it doesn't mean it won't be sort of obvious... If a character has steal and no other special skill, it is most likely a thief...

http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=media/artworks

On this site it gives descriptions to six main characters in the story. The Descriptions make it sound like that there will be no job class system, as the Viera is described as using mostly grappling and Fencing, and some wierd 16 year old using some kind of dance fighting.

No, but Fran has alot of cool weapons. MUAHAHAHAHAH --- *cough cough* *catches breath* HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH......ha...

Fran!!! You can never beat Fran!!!!!!! MUHAAHAHA!!
    Fran Is so cool ^^

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From descriptions of the character info from recent websites it sounds like...

Vaan = Sea Pirate/
    Fran = Rouge/ Archer
    Balfear = Gunner/ Thief
    That patch eyed guy (XD) = Warrior/
    Ashe = Kinda like a Knight/

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

No, they're all penniless bums.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.