Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How did you discover final fantasy?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I discovered Final Fanasty when I bought FFI in 1991, I think. I bought it because the name sounded cool and it had a neet looking picture on the case.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

My best friend. He lent me FF IV for the SNES. I was bored of it at first, but then I really got into it the 2nd time I played. I then discovered FF VI for the SNES, I bought it and really got into it. From there on, I loved Final Fantasy

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Master of War DelightfulSpekkio442's Avatar

My cousin gave me a CD with SNES9x and a collection of ROMs to try out back in 2001. One of them was Chrono Trigger. I didn't even really know what an RPG was at that point (I'd played Pokemon but didn't really get it), but when I read more about CT I discovered Square's legacy. I downloaded the first FF ROM I came across, which happened to be FFV. I hated it and resolved to stick with CT. Then I saw a copy of FFVII PC in a store, and remembered the big hooplah way back in '97 when it first came out. I decided what the heck, and bought it. I was blown away. After playing FFVII and CT to death, I tried out FFVI, and it was equally amazing. I went back and gave I - IV each a shot - I liked II but the others didn't really grab me. Then I went forward - I bought FFVIII and Chrono Cross (loved CC, didn't like FFVIII). I don't have a PS2, so I bought my best friend FFX and we played through some of it together - it's pretty good but I haven't played it enough to really attach. Finally, a friend lent me FFIX a couple weeks ago and I am in love!
    "Ipso, facto, meeny moe...MAGICO!!!"

I rented a game back in 1994 and inside the rental box was this other game called 'Final Fantasy II.' I was too young to drive back to the store and complain, so I started the game up out of curiosity. Been obsessed ever since.

I wonder what the game I actually rented was.
    Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care, I'm still free
    You can't take the sky from me
    Take me out to the black
    Tell them I ain't comin' back
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me
    There's no place I can be
    Since I found Serenity
    But you can't take the sky from me...
    Listen to the Firefly theme.

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

My first FF was VIII, I had played the demo that came with my PS, never looked back
    :joey:

My bro buying FFVII and letting me start my own game

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

The first FF I played was FFVII, about 4 years ago, my mums boyfriend posted it to us (he lived in Cumbria faar far away from me) andI just loved it.

Smile and Be happy

i saw a picture of Vivi on someones website an wanted to know what it was, so i asked if i could play on there game, because i knew them from school, so the next time i went to their house i played on FFXI an have been hooked on it since!!!

i only started this year with FFX, my brother has a few of the games, id watch him play and just think "yeah, wateva" but in the end he persuaded me to play X, and i loved it, i nearly strangled my friend wen the copy of 9 he lent me stopped working right near the start!!

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

My uncle had FF1 on NES, when I was little.. I played that whenever my parents drug me over to see him and my aunt. Plus, my grandmother bought me a Gameboy and a game, which was FF Legends 3. I played it for a bit and found that I hated it. Because I assumed FFs were alot like FF Legend and the fact that I was a Sega fan, I didn't really touch FF until PS1 and FF7.. Liked FF7 and fell in love with FF8. Been playing ever since.

When FFVII came out in the UK, 1996? Me thinks???
    Anyways, me bro got it and played it. I went to watch him and got really into it. He wasn't too bothered, so he gave to to me. I've been hooked on FF every since!!

Blog Entries

I first about FFVII back in late '96 in a Japanese magazine, then I awaited the game for about tree months... then it came out, then I bought it.

When FFVII had just came out.
    I didn't know of it, and I saw an advert for a company you could phone up and order games and accessories from. My mother said I could order a game, or accessory from it for my birthday. Anything.
    So I thought I'd order a gun for playing on 007:TND, that I had got in the previous christmas. I then read in a review of TND that it doesn't have gun compatability, so I decided I'd order a random game. I saw the cover of FFVII, wondered why the cover was rather bland and ordered it for the smurf of it.

never looked back since

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Thank the lord for Nintendo Power.
    Last edited by Black Mage; 09-05-2005 at 08:28 PM.

7 years later, I bought my first Final Fanasty. Thus, I am happy.

It is known. :fpcow:
    Last edited by ughhis; 07-03-2005 at 08:04 PM.