Thread: "Celestial" vs. Really Good

Default "Celestial" vs. Really Good

Alright, I've been wondering something for quite a while, and still have no answer. I know what to do to get the Crests and Sigils, to "activate"/whatever the weapons.

The question is...what's the point? What good comes of getting all the Crests and Sigils--what's the difference in doing that and just adding each attribute with items, to get what you want anyway? Why not just get a weapon with four open slots and customize it to your liking? Thanks.

The weapons do far more damage than if you were to just customize 4 slotted weapons to have the same attributes. This is because celestial weapons have an invisible bonus that makes attacks do more or less damage depending on the HP of the attacker.

It works just like Cloud's Ultima Weapon in Final Fantasy VII for most characters where more HP = more damage, however, certain characters such as Auron do the most damage when they are in critical health.

From personal experience, it takes more time to collect all the items needed to make a weapon with Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive etc... than it does to get most of the celestial weapons (with the exception of wakka's probably).

many of the tasks required to gain the sigils can be quite tedious (chocobo racing and lightning dogding), but so can collecting 60 dark matter from creatures in the monster arena to customize Break Damage Limit onto a weapon...

true, but the first time i played threw the game, i only got Aurons Celestial weapon, and i cusomised weapons especialy designed for the final battle for every1 else. I think i ended up only havin 3 of my ppl without 1MP cost, i dunno how, but that was the way it was. None of the Celestial weapons have Sensor on them that could get anoying @ times.

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Would you rather deal an armored fiend 60000 dmg or 99999 dmg?

It's a matter of choice, because unless you're fighting dark aeons, there's not much of a downside.

Yeah for me, the main reason to get the celestial weapons is to beat the dark aeons, because celestial weapons simply ignore an aeons defence making it easier to win.
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

do they ignore defence? Cause i have Aurons, and i attacked Dark Valfore with it, and it only did 200 damage, when normally Auron dose bout 11 000 (needless to say, my ppl r no where near strong enuff ym brother urged me to take a stab)

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

All my charicters do about 1,000 damage with melee attacks and I'm just about to face sin, you realy don't need them to be more powerfull than that. Legendary weapons are overkill.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Collecting all the ingredients to make your own ultimate weapons takes too much time and isn't as fun as getting the crests/sigils.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum