Thread: Need help leveling up in FF1

Default Need help leveling up in FF1

I'm currently at level 12 and want to level up my party up to level 15, where is the best spot to level up??

My current party is:

Fighter, Thief, Red Mage and a Black Belt.. any suggestions on the equipments? I didn't get the Silver equipments yet, except the Silver Sword, are they worth the cash?

BTW, I'm playing FF1 PC Remake..

Default good spot

Where I always used to go is by Pravoka. North east of the town is a small penninsula that juts upward. Bear in mind there are 2, one farther east that juts north, and one to the west that juts east. You want to go to the one farther to the east. You have to go slightly south and then north to get to it (its easy to get to, don't worry).

Anyways, I've found there to be lots of very tough monsters there. They are located right at the tip on the penninsula (the last 6 blocks or so). I think what happened is that the enemy map for Lefein spilled over onto that little bit of land in the south. Consequently you can see very difficult monsters relativly early in the game. I remember fighting them at low levels (like below 10). I'd get wiped out, but occasionally I'd win one. I'd get a ton of exp for the fight.

BTW-Can't help you with the armor. I'd just fight where I told you to and you won't need it (or for that matter it will become cheap)
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

that's exactly where I have been leveling up since I was at lv6.. I have 200k but I have a fear of spending, I wanna make sure what I'm buying is worth it.. is their any other place where I can get more than 800exp per battle? I've got the ship so I can go almost anywhere..

Default lose your fear!

200K? You might want to buck up and buy cheap-o

With that much dough, you should be allright for a while. I know I stayed in that area for quite a while. Basically, once the baddies got easy there I moved on. At that point, the game was easy. I remember that once I was in the temple of fiends, olden version, my guys maxed out in level (I never played the PC version - the versions I played maxed at level 50 I think). I would probably hang around and wait until I hit level 20 and push on. Things will go easy and you will still gain levels.

Besides, anywhere you can go with the ship isn't going to be harder than where you are now. If memory serves if you count rivers, theres like 10 ports for your boat. All of them are in the lower lands. There are no ports in the upper regions, you need the airship to get there. That spot we were talking about features the upper region monsters in the bottom world.

So -> if you need more challenge, press on young adventurer! There be harder lands ahead. Remember the hall of giants in the volcano if you are scared of spending your gold. Personally, I'd wait 'till level 20 if you want to make things easy.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

I'm bored of leveling up, I wanna level up faster.. so there isn't anywhere I can get with the ship and the canoe and get 1000+ exp??

Default I dont' think

I could be wrong, but I dont' think so. Why don't you just progress through the game, get the airship and travel north? You can do better up there. Besides, if you can kill baddies that give you that much exp, the progression should be easy.

Where are you? Because there is this primo little spot in the earth cavern first floor, there's one spot where every step gets you a battle with a hilgigas, which have keg loads of exp.

I've got the Airship now!! I'll check the Earth Cave.. Isn't there a place up north that has monsters tougher than Zombulls and Tyros??

Default Got confused

I told you the Hall of Giants was in the Volcano. My bad, I think that it is in the earth cave.

I'd look around in the dungeons for bigger baddies. You are probably going to max out though at the rate you are going. I usually like to walk up and down the bridge leading to Tiamat. I like to fight Warmech (that his name?). he gives you crazy exp and gold. Thats fairly late in the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Butz
    I'm bored of leveling up, I wanna level up faster.. so there isn't anywhere I can get with the ship and the canoe and get 1000+ exp??

Then just move on. I dont understand why so many people like to sit around and level up for hours. It takes away all of the fun and challenge from the game. And what makes it worst is that they sit there and complain how boring it is. O.o move on buddy. No need to be at level 50 when you fight the first fiend. This game has been beaten at level 10 before.

karatehero, Giants don't give me enough exp!!

Black Mage FF1, really? give me the best way to kill Kary using a Knight, Master, Red Wizard and Ninja formation..

Thats actually my favorite party. Here is a pretty solid strat.

Have master and Knight attack. Have ninja and red wiz cast FAST on teammates. And attack. Simple as that. When Healing is needed, have the red mage heal. I usually beat Kary at level 12 or 13 with that party. Sometimes w/o FAST.