Thread: Dark Matter????

WHERE CAN I FIND DARK MATTER?!?!?!?! HELP ME OUT!!!!

im still kinda new to final fantasy. i have only played ffx and ffx-2. right now since ffx is the only game that works on my ps2 iv been working on the side quests and stuff like that. i want to make my own weapons because i cant find all the celestial ones. and im just wondering how to get more dark matter. having it says you need dark matter to make weapons break the damge limit. HELP ME OUT!!!
    Last edited by hockeydude; 07-05-2005 at 11:16 PM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fight the bosses at the monster arena.

That is the only way to get dark matter.

I think for completing a Monster Arena quest you recieve 99 Dark Matter. But the task is collecting 5 of each capturable monster (if I'm wrong someone correct me please.)

But for the effort of gathering all of the Dark Matter you'd be better off aquiring all of the Celestial Weapons and powering them up. If nothing else the tasks are all different so it'd be less monotonous then fighting boss monsters over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum.
    "Your Life Is Yours Alone... Rise Up And Live It."

The following is taken from a post I made in the Odd Items thread further down the FFX Forum page.

Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    You will automatically receive 99 Dark Matters at the Monster Arena after capturing five of every Fiend, although you can also obtain the item as a rare drop from pretty much every Area Conquest, Species Conquest, and Original Creation at the Arena as well. You can also Bribe them from Land Worms inside Sin.
    As CaptRory noted, however, you would be better off powering up the Celestial Weapons, as they have special attributes that improve their damage beyond normal Customized Break Damage Limit weapons. Information on the Celestial Weapons can be found in a thread stickied at the top of the FFX page.
    Last edited by Masamune·1600; 07-06-2005 at 01:26 AM.

You should definatley put forth the effort into getting the Celestial weapons. It may seem like it takes forever, but they are well worth it. After all, part of the fun of FFX is exploring every world over and over to finish all the little sidequests.

[leeza]Maximum sig height including image and all text: 250 pixels.[/leeza]

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

also if you beat a dark aeon(i know it works with dark valefor.)you get some dark matter and also i think theres an enemy that you can bribe and the enemy will drop some dark matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

i dont think there are dark aeons in my game

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

i dont think there are dark aeons in my game
    Pointless
    Annoying
    Lame
    Version only
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dunno about you guys, but I got a lot of dark matter xD Enough that I have tidus an excalibur with two slots still openxD but when you don't fight with tidus, you don't need his caladbolg ^_^

Oh man ! What are u doin ? Geeez.. Dark matters are needed to create a RIBBON !! Well if u have version of the game without Dark aeons i dont blame ya bcuz there is no ribbon in that version ;] But when ya got dark aeons and ya wanna fight em you gotta HAVE RIBBON ! (x99 dark matter) and stop upgrading your weapon ! It's silly ! U got celestial weapons for the ultimate ones..U just wastin dark matters and i kill those STUPID SLEEP SPROUTS (1x 99999=overkill [1/10 they will leave 1 dark matter[2xif overdrive]]) 3 hours like 70 dark matters(30 ive got from killing shinryu) and u just use it on break DAMAGE limmit ?!...puff...huff...weeze....ok i am all right now sorry for that

i dont got dark aeons in my version.....and i just want enough dark matter to give the ronso guy damage break having i dont want to do that butterfly thing

it would me more easier for you to get the celestical/legendary weapons and the crestd and sigils as well. they contain the break dmg limit. but yea, monster arena is a place where u can really get dark matter by killing the bosses. but it's totally random to get the dark matter (x2).

I don't get how some of you people can say it's easier/better to get the Celestial Weapons. I have nowhere near enough patience to try dodging 200 consecutive lightning bolts, and it's damn near impossible to win the chocobo racing haven't given the cactuar thing much of a try, and for some reason, i'm having trouble with the butterfly catcher thing this time 'round. *starts cutting his wrists*

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please don't revive three year old threads.