Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: London bombings.

Default London bombings.

There have been multiple blasts on the tubes and buses in Central London.

With the transport system so hard to defend it was only a matter of time before it was attacked. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but it was truly inevitable. I'm shocked though. So close to home.

This is the first I've heard of it. Does anybody know who did this and why?

It seems very strange, and either suspicious or coincidental. Are the blasts on the train system due to a "power surge" (elaboration?) and the bombs on the buses really isolated from eachother?
    I'm just relieved there aren't as many people hurt as there could have been.
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

Omg!! Really???
    I go to London quite a bit aswell! Me thinks i'm gonna back away for a bit!!

Banned

6 reported bombs in total one on a bus. a reported 7th on another bus.

while it hasn't been confirmed i don't think there is any doubt that it was bombings. and due to the scale, multiple attacks and ordacity i don't think there will be any doubt that it is al-qaeda. multiple attacks are what they do. we kne this was coming for a while now. it was only a matter of time before al-qaeda would choose to attakc britain.

it was possibly chosen now because of london winning the olympic bid or for the g8 summit in gleneagles.

it serves to highlight the stretching of the police though as many met officers were in glenegales and are now being called back. leaving gleneagles open.

no report of casualty numbers yet. though it cnnot be doubted that it will run into hundreds.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...tain_explosion

there's the article, if anyone wants.

Arab sources say it is Al-Queda. Let's wait & see. My sympathies go to the victims & their families. This is bad.

I'm sure it was. Tony Blair claims it was a terrorist attack.

While I don't like to speculate normally, this comes the day after London won the Olympic bid. It's almost like whoever did this is saying, "yeah you got the olympics, but look at how much damage we can do when it arrives".

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

To be honest I think this is a reminder to the City of London. As horrible as it is, it's somewhat lucky that this happened as far away from the Olympics as possible. It gives us the better part of seven years to clear up the underground, public transport and up security. FYI my father is fine, and there's somewhat conflicting views as to how many people have died. Some say quite a few, others say only a couple. Right now I wouldn't put a solid figure in there.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I think that setting off bombs the day after the Olympics are announced would seriously cut the chances of them being able to do it when it comes around.

Besides its likley that this was done by Al Qaeda and as far as I know they never strike the same place twice.
    Word/s.

Banned

the picture of the bus destroyed and reports that it was full leads me to believe that everyone on the top of that bus has died. it would seem very unlilkely that anyone could survive that.

i think with the amount of blasts, the concentration of people, the size of blasts and their location we must be looking at at least 200 deaths.

Apparently there have been 2 confirmed deaths.

Surely something like this would have to be planned out, so if it was because of the Olympics then it would have been thought about at the start of Olympic bid. I'm certain it was something to do with Al Qaeda, it has been mentioned on a Arab site that they thought it was..

Banned

no doubt it was al-qaeda.

wheter the timetable was moved for the olympic bid win we don't know and maybe never will.