Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never understood this shuyin/ Tidus crap... *Spoilers*

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default I never understood this shuyin/ Tidus crap... *Spoilers*

Well I actually never beat FF10-2. C'mon. Bring on the spoilers!! Are they the same person?? What is their relation?? Please help a good person out. And I don't mind spoilers...

It's loads more satisfying to actually finish the game and unearth the truth rather than have someone tell it to you, but that's just the opinion of one guy.

I got too annoyed with the thing to finish it because it was basically crap, but I'd kinda like to know this too. It seemed really weird that Tidus' real world self, supposedly lived 1000 years ago, then this other guy pops up.. Supposedly the real world self of Tidus, but ALSO in present day Spira. How did Square-Enix explain this contradiction? Did I miss something?

Blog Entries

Besides. I don't have FF10-2. I just rented it...

Lucky you.. I actually bought the piece of [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img].

You seem strangely interested in something you thought was a piece of [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img].

I would suggest that you both go through with it and beat it if you're actually interested in what happens at the end. I think you'll find it to be a good enjoyable game down the line. I have trouble believing you really hated the game if you want to know what happens, you wouldn't find me asking for the ending to Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne which, for all intents and purposes, I thought was a piece of [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img].

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Lucky you.. I actually bought the piece of [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img].
    Haha!! lmao!!

I know how it ends, as far as the final FMVs.. I was just curious of what type of half-ass explanation they gave for for the Tidus/Shuyin nonsense. And no.. I played for about 15 hours worth, before I couldn't take it anymore. Knowing the answer to this is not worthy playing that piece of crap.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i wouldnt call it a peice of [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] id just call it not very good for a final fantasy gsme.as a game its good but it doesnt match up to other FFs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Smile

I think that they are the same person in a sense remember the bevelle vs. zanarkand war well I think that tidus was created from the memory of shuyin
    "This is my story, It'll go the way I want it, or I'll end it here."

I am the hope of the universe!
    I am the answer to all living
    things that cry out for peace!
    I am the protector of the innocent!
    I am the light in the darkness!
    I am truth.

I know how it ends, as far as the final FMVs.. I was just curious of what type of half-ass explanation they gave for for the Tidus/Shuyin nonsense.
    Then you'll be happy to know that they provided absolutely no explanation whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyasha0012
    I think that they are the same person in a sense remember the bevelle vs. zanarkand war well I think that tidus was created from the memory of shuyin
    He couldn't have been, seeing as how Zanarkand was remade as the Fayth had known it (which would have included Shuyin) 1000 years before Tidus was ever even alive. He may have been a descendant of this Aeon Shuyin, but even that's not supported in-game really.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Doesn't he have like a similar relation to Shuyin as Yuna does to Lenne (except without all of the dress sphere shananagins, of course).
    Speaking of which, how come the group doesn't act differently from any of the other dress spheres? How come it's only Yuna, and only the Songstress DS?
    Sigless

yuna and lenne are "conneted" and lenne waz a singer

First of all, FFX-2 is a pretty good FF game. One of the better IMO. (But then, my oppinion of the best to worst order for the games goes against the grain anyway).

Now, as for the Shuyin/Tidus connection, it's never specifically stated but I think it's fairly obvious myself. We don't actually SEE Shuyin die in Bevelle. The scene shows him go down, Lene die, and then that's it. And other scenes imply he survived and didn't know she died right away.

I think he wound up on Mt. Gagazet as one of the Fayth and his part of the 'dream Zanarkand' was Tidus. We don't know if the dream Zanarkand ever 'reset' after a point, starting over again, or if one person 'died' the Fayth just created a new dream self. Either way, it all still fits.

So, it's my belief based off what I've seen, that Shuyin was a Fayth on Gagazet and that Tidus was his dream, basicly what Shuyin could have been if the war hadn't happened.