Thread: [A] Random sketch of a dude

Default [A] Random sketch of a dude

OKay, well, I've been doing some little online drawing courses, which may or may not be helping, but anyway, I drew this while I was trying out some "techniques". As always, any tips/comments/help is much appreciated.

And I know there aren't any feet, I couldn't get the right so I got pissed and just skipped them.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmm...it's not too bad. I'm not the best artist to give critique but personally I think the chin is a little *too* pointed.. the arms don't seem quite right in proportion with the rest of the body, or I don't know something with the arms/hands. I can't help too much there cos I absolutely SUCK at drawing arms and hands. xD Other than that, you're doing well =)
    rawr

Yeah, the course was about the torso, that's it, so I was like, "Crap". So of course, I don't like any of the stuff I did without the help of the tutorial. XD
    Maybe I'll just learn to draw each body part seperately rather than an entire body at once.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Yeah, the chin is a bit too pointy!Try to block out the back of the neck! The torso's good(better than what I can do anyway) and the hands too! Just try to the arms look a bit thinner! Oh, one more thing, be careful with which direction your body's facing!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nice attempt. However, I'll see what I can do.

Hmm. The chin, like some stated, is way too pointy. You need to round it out a bit more, so it doesn't give off that sharp V look you are trying to aim for, or you can widen the shape of the mouth so the chin doesn't have that sharp pointy look.

Anyway, the torso looks good, but for some reason, you toned it too much. I feel it shouldn't be toned too much, but instead, try sketching out the stomach muscles rather than drawing it like so, and make the lines a bit lighter. The chest looks fine.

As for the arms, you may want to shrink the width of the arm where it meets the wrist of the hands. It currently looks chubby as it is. You did a nice job with the hand, but you need to watch out for the thumb.

With the hands, I find it a bit useful to use your own hands to guide you a bit. If you look at your hand, you'll notice, the thumb bends at a different direction than the other fingers.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this would be helpful for you, but yeah. Just some criticism and helpful advice. I'm not saying your drawing is horrible, as it's quite good.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Get a reference. You have the idea of what the musculature should look like, so go get a female friend's 2005 Firefighters Calendar (or similar) for an exact representation (that's what I did, incidentally xD)

References will help you worldly much ^_^

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I'm a fan of the comic look. The extreme figures fascinate me as they always seem so super human.There are some many things that can be blown out of preportion.

I think you're on a good path with this style. It's not realistic, it's more playful.

My suggestion is that you spend some time doing a soft outline for the body in rough guidelines first. But feel free to be playful! Who knows where it can lead you.

Another helpful hint is try to remember skeletal system. It can really be useful in creating crazy forms for your unique style.

AN\nd great attempt on the hands! I know how terribly fustrating hands can be, such delicate and fussy models.

Boldly go.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    Anyway, I'm not sure if this would be helpful for you, but yeah. Just some criticism and helpful advice. I'm not saying your drawing is horrible, as it's quite good.
    Heck, as long as you give me solid advice, you can call my drawing whatever you want.

Anyway, thanks everyone, I'll try and see if I can't work this out and get something I'm heppier with up sometime next week. As always, feel free to post more help/criticism/whatever.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.