Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: about the origin of ultimecia (big big spoiler)

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Just what Autumn Rain said. The evidence is right in the game. As she's dying, she isnt all powerful, strong, virile, she's just not dead yet. When she passes along her powers, she can finally die.

Think of it like someone on life support. They're still alive because something is keeping them alive, but they're weak and on the brink of death.

[QUOTE=Autumn Rain]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Sixth: A sorceress' lifespan is no longer than any other human, thus NO ONE in FF8's main timeline could be Ultimecia.

That's not thrue at all.a sorceress have a human lifespan BUT CANNOT DIE until they give up her power and not everybody can become a sorceress. What if there's no one else with the ability of resist the sorceress power??
    She's still dying, is the main part. She is just stuck in a state of death until someone comes along. She would not be as all-powerful as Ultimecia is.

how do you know that for sure?? there's nothing in the game that says that!

"What if there's no one else with the ability of resist the sorceress power??"
    are u talking about this line or the sorceresses life span thing?

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeMaster
    "What if there's no one else with the ability of resist the sorceress power??"
    are u talking about this line or the sorceresses life span thing?

both

well Autumn Rain, their has to be SOMEONE in the world of FF8 who will take the sorceresses power willingly and will have the potential needed to become one

as for a sorceresses life span i aready said this:

here straight from Ulimania:

Said to have existed from time immemorial to the present day, the sorceresses are women who are said to have received their powers from the old god, Hyne. There is, however, no hard evidence to support this claim. Extraordinarily powerful, many sorceresses have harboured ambitions to rule over the world – as a result, many people have come to equate the Sorceress with fear. However, there are also many Sorceresses who have chosen to live a quiet life sheltered away from civilized society; as such, the actual number of Sorceresses and the amount of power shared between them remains unknown.

The potential to become a sorceress is determined by one's capacity to wield such power – their natural affinity for magic. This factor helps to determine Sorceress candidates for when a Sorceress passes on all of her power into the next Sorceress. The giving and receiving of
    power can be made between any two individuals – it not necessary for them to be related by blood. A Sorceress' lifespan is the same as a normal human's, however they cannot die until they have passed on their power to the next Sorceress."

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

[QUOTE=Rinoa2005]
    Sixth: A sorceress' lifespan is no longer than any other human, thus NO ONE in FF8's main timeline could be Ultimecia.

That's not thrue at all.a sorceress have a human lifespan BUT CANNOT DIE until they give up her power and not everybody can become a sorceress. What if there's no one else with the ability of resist the sorceress power??
    She's still dying, is the main part. She is just stuck in a state of death until someone comes along. She would not be as all-powerful as Ultimecia is.

The game does show that, as I explained already. It shows Ultimecia, dying, weak, and useless, searching out Edea to pass on her powers to so that she can finally die.

The Ultimania also confirms this when they say that Sorceresses have a normal lifespan. That means they age, weaken, and wither just like a normal person, but in order to leave the shell of their ordinary body, they have to pass on their powers.

It would make no sense to say they had an ordinary lifespan and have that mean that they have eternal youth and strength until they choose to pass on their powers.

[QUOTE=TheAbominatrix]

The game does show that, as I explained already. It shows Ultimecia, dying, weak, and useless, searching out Edea to pass on her powers to so that she can finally die.

The Ultimania also confirms this when they say that Sorceresses have a normal lifespan. That means they age, weaken, and wither just like a normal person, but in order to leave the shell of their ordinary body, they have to pass on their powers.

It would make no sense to say they had an ordinary lifespan and have that mean that they have eternal youth and strength until they choose to pass on their powers.
    Indeed. What would be the point of them being mortal if they can choose not to die? That doesn't make any sense.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

[QUOTE=TheAbominatrix]

even if she want to keep her power, her body will want to die, and that's natural, she'll pass on her power to someone 'WITH THE POTENCIAL TO BECOME' a sorceress. Well she does pass her power on to Edea.But edea is in the past...!! The only reason edea inherits Ulti's power is 'coz of the time compression.

Well now imagine there's no one on Ulti's time with the potencial to become a sorceress...!!
    What's she gonna do?? My bet... TC..!!!

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Um... yes? What's your point, exactly? That confirms what I said.

I doubt Ultimecia started Time Compression in order to pass on her powers. She had no plans of dying anytime soon, and she wanted to destroy everything. Also remember that Ultimecia is the only one who can live in a fully Time Compressed world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Um... yes? What's your point, exactly? That confirms what I said.

I doubt Ultimecia started Time Compression in order to pass on her powers. She had no plans of dying anytime soon, and she wanted to destroy everything. Also remember that Ultimecia is the only one who can live in a fully Time Compressed world.

Ohh...Ok... so She'll come and tell squall and co. " Hi I'm Ultimecia and I was wondering if you guys could do me a little favor and kill me Pleaseeee!"
    Imagine she's stuck on moment of death, she must be in pain...
    but maybe the only way to stop her pain was TC... so she could pass on her power to a sorceress from the past...
    now think about this TC will make her like a godness she'll be able to control everything even maybe her death and her pain!

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Again, I really dont think she was ready to die at this point. She seems in perfect health when the party confronts her, and she doesnt seem like she wants to die due to depression, lonliness, or whatever. She fights hard to destroy the party, not like she had a death wish. Also, if she wanted to do so, she simply could have confronted one of them and passed on her powers.

There's no evidence that she can interact with anyone in Time Compression. She is the only one who can survive, and the only reason she passes her powers onto Edea is because she is taken into a different time (just like Squall was) as Time Compression (which was never acheived) unravels.

As for Time Compression making her all-powerful, there's no evidence of that. There's no evidence that it would give her extra powers to stop her death or to control anything. Time Compression merely acheives her goal of destruction.

But when it comes down to it, we really dont know much about Ultimecia.

Wink hehe

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    But when it comes down to it, we really dont know much about Ultimecia.
    thats why ultimecia is is actually rinoa

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeMaster
    thats why ultimecia is is actually rinoa
    *fwap*

xD

You're right about that We don't to much about her...
    that's why you can find so many theorys about her..
    anyway I don't want to be the new future esthar so I'll try my best to stop making theorys without any poof.

oh by the way if anyone here speak spanish pleaseeee I beg you!! Try to contact me!!!
    Last edited by Rinoa2005; 10-13-2005 at 09:17 PM.

We don't know enough about the specifics of the game to make any accurate assumptions about Time Compression.. But we can state that, based on what we DO know, no one from this current time could be her.

Ultimecia is said to be hailing from many generations into the future.. That would mean our heroes would be long dead. Which would mean Rinoa would have had to die, wait for a several decades in the agony of death for no apparent reason, then make her attack, for this theory to even work.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain