Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I defeat Wiegraf in Chapter 3?

Default How do I defeat Wiegraf in Chapter 3?

I have to fight Wiegraf in Riovanes castle in a one on one duel in Chapter 3 and I can't beat him! How do I beat him?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    I have to fight Wiegraf in Riovanes castle in a one on one duel in Chapter 3 and I can't beat him! How do I beat him?
    dosn't he die when you beat him at chapter 2 when he turns to velius anyways i havn't beateed veluis but i will and im at chapter 2
    Darkness........ A strange element yet how are we able to use such a power?

Weigraf is arguebly the hardest battle in the game, so a lot of people have had this same same problem. What you need to do is have Ramza a Squire and equiped with the Chameleon Robe. For some unknown reason, Weigraf will not use his abilities (Lighting Stab, ect. I forgot most of them) If you don't have the robe then the battle is just a bit harder. Now, run around the battle feild as far from Weigraf and keep using Accumulate. Once you've gotten your strength high enough, just go in and pummel him with all you've got. Once he's defeated, he will transform into Velius, but don't worry, you other characters will then come in and aid you.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Use Yell first, it gets your speed up. Then Accumulate. That makes Velius so much more easier, since Ramza will be going two or three times in a row.

What's the recommended level to fight him?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

turn Ramza and your main warriors into Lancers and send them to battle (properly skilled on Jump)
    you'll probably won't have to count on your luck to hit Wiegraf (step away from him so he has to approach you to hit with his sword skills) and after you defeat him, you can avoid Titan damage by jumping and moving everyone away from the area...
    if possible, add Move-HP Restore (from Monk) to your warriors' Move Skill... it will give you a few more turns being alive
    bye

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yea, making Ramza a Lancer and jumping constantly is all you need to do. Then when he turns into Velius just have your whole party spread out and hit him with strong ranged attacks.

Hmmm....I never thought of that. Gonna try it out

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

The technique I used is actually a very simple one. Have a samurai equipped with Move HP-Up and HP Restore. After he attacks you, move close to him to where you're only one step away from him and use Heaven's Cloud. After taking his last attack your samurai should have enough HP to take at least one more hit. Weigraf should attack you and then move away from you since you're so close to him. (He's quite a chicken.) After Weigraf attacks you again your samurai should use HP Restore and regain all your HP. If it doesn't work then just start over until it does work. For your next turn move close to him and use Heaven's Cloud again. After Weigraf attacks you move as far away from him as you can and use Murasame to heal yourself. Now Weigraf shouldn't be able to reach you to perform his attack so his turn will be kind of a waste. Now move close to him and perform Heaven's Cloud one more time and he should be defeated. This is what I did.

And let the shadows take you away...
    RPG Palace - My forums.. I don't have many members so they are kinda boring right now...

Where do I get this Heaven's Cloud and the Chameleon robe everyone else is talking about?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

I'm pretty sure that where you are in the game, Chameleon Robes can be bought in the following shops for 5000 gil: Gariland, Dorter, Zaland, Warjilis, Goland, and Yardow.
    The trade cities, Dorter and Warjilis, should also have the Heaven's Cloud katana.

As for an appropriate level for Ramza to be... I think 30-40 is high enough. Lancer or Monk with Basic Skill is my class recommendation. Use the Yell first, Accumulate later strategy and Wiegraf/Velius will be a piece of cake.
    Anarcho-syndicalism is a way of preserving freedom...

I find it a lot easier and simpler just to turn Ramza into a Ninja and beat on Wiegraf with two heavy attacks (Or a monk with a good move can reach him, and deal about 300 damage per hit, or at least, mine did.) You just have to pray he doesn't block your attacks. You can kill him in one turn that way. Same with Velius. You can pummel him for around 600 HP if Ramza hits him twice.
    Not the English Poet.

I didn't think it was that hard... I had Ramza as a summoner and Lich killed Wiegraf as a human in one shot...

Never though of summoner. I always use the lancer from far away thing. I wonder if monk with earth slash would be any use? Probably not 'cause I think height would become a bit of a problem eh? The first time I beat valius and wiegraf, I was WAY under-prepared and not expecting that difficult a battle. I finally got really st. angry and decided, "hey if lancer can kill wiegraf, let's just turn EVERYONE into lancers. You can't believe the hysterical laughter that ensued when it actually worked. lol

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

Everyone else explained it well enough but I had to post on here for obvious reasons.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"