Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy III (RMXP Remake)

Default Final Fantasy III (RMXP Remake)

The Official Final Fantasy III RMXP Website

The following is outdated information that was said in this post back in July:
    A demo will be released when I fully complete the cave along with everything else necessary...

And before you say anything, I HAVE ONLY MAPPED THE CAVE AND NOTHING ELSE. I do intend to go further. I do not intend to finish the entire game.

Required to do/finish:
    Create custom sprites (Onion Kids, monsters, Land Turtle, etc.)
    Complete my modified battle system (To match the original)
    Polish maps and add objects/decorations
    Re-create all music required (New Digital Piano still shipping)

And maybe a few others things...
    Estimated Release of Demo: Before August

I may release much earlier and use the original FF3 music instead. The main reason for releasing so late is because it will be a week before my Digital Piano arrives. Also, even though I've already played it all out on my old one, it will take some time to get it all perfect.

For those of you ranting that this is 'yet another RM project that will fail', trust me, because I'm usually the one saying that. For those of you that love FF3, this will be somewhat of a dream come true. For those of you who never liked FF3, maybe this will change your mind. For those of you who haven't played FF3 (Because of the graphics maybe?), well... Maybe this will convince you!

I love FF3 as it is but... I couldn't help myself. Summer-time and I'm bored as hell... What else to do?

I'll have a site up with many screenshots and info within a weeks time.
    Last edited by Krylon; 12-23-2005 at 10:51 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're re-doing FF3? I don't think I entirely understand what you're doing.

Hehe... Yup! I'm remaking FF3 with RMXP. It's the result of my boredom and well I hope it's enjoyable when it's done. FF3 is by far my favorite FF and I wanted to shed some new light on the game. Waiting for FF3DS is taking far too long.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Seems to be the craze these days.

WoW

I played FF3 NES not long ago, and I was intending on making a remake for FF3 when I get my new PC..

You've done a great job, never knew RM can do something this good, well I never knew anything about RM, never used it

Keep it up, don't rush yourself, take your time and we wish you luck and godspeed

Those graphics look awesome. After you finish the cave demo how long do you estimate it will take to do the rest?

Final Fantasy 1-4 make the world go round. mainly 3 and 4
    you were killed by: a shoe

YOU:These are my Immortal words "I am Cao Pi"
    A Shoe:WTF!?!

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    You're re-doing FF3? I don't think I entirely understand what you're doing.
    Me niether. Best of luck though...

[longpost]
    Okay... So, to make it clear... I'm recreating Final Fantasy III (the Japanese FF3) using RPGMakerXP. I'll be using edited/custom graphics and remade music. Though the base of the game will be the same, some minor changes will be made, and it won't necessarilly look exactly alike.

Here's an update:
    I edited a new Onion Kid head using two RMXP RTP sprites. I think it looks a lot more like the Onion Kids and just better in general. I randomly added some props and objects to the levels to make them look a bit more detailed, but since some things don't seem in place, I'll be redoing that countless times. However, the terrain of the 3 maps of the cave are pretty much finalized. I've made the items and equipment that you already have, as well as what you recieve in the cave. I've tweaked the experience and stats to match FF3 pretty accurately.

I'm currently in the process of altering the RMXP battle system to mock FF3's battle system. Not everything about the battle system will be the same as it is in FF3. Here's some changes that I'm most likely keeping:
    -The "HP" text does not appear above the column of HPs but instead next to each character's HP.
    -Status effects will not take the place of the Max HP. Instead, it will be shown next to the character name.
    -All info is very spread out. This allows me to do things like have player names be up to 8 (maybe more) characters.

Minor things left to do:
    -Tweak battle system a bit more
    -Tweak Prelude and title menu
    -Fix encounter rate
    -Fix item/exp. accumulation

Major things left to do:
    -Modify/create sprites for all enemies
    -Create the Land Turtle boss fight
    -Remake all the music
    -Tweak in-game menu

Believe or not, of all that, tweaking the in-game menu is the worst. So much script modifying in RMXP that it almost makes me want to just leave it as it is. A major thing to do that I left out was that I'm going to create nice cutscenes for the credits after the crystal sequence. The beginning credits for FF3 are the ending credits for my demo, so I'll be doing that as a little treat. Expect a simple site to be up (with many screenshots and info) no later than Sunday.

[/longpost]

-Krylon

*EDIT* Since you guys seem to lack interest in this project, and other people from other forums aren't too excited about it either, I've decided to take my time with it. I'm not gonna bother putting up a site yet. For those of you who were anticipating it. Sorry! The wait is gonna be a little longer.
    Last edited by Krylon; 07-19-2005 at 02:36 AM.

I'm more than intersted in your remake, and I have a favor to ask you if you don't mind,

how can I get started with RMXP? sites, tutorials, etc.. pweeez..

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd like to see your remake, actually.

ad help ya with it, cos am quite good on rpg maker XP at making maps and things, so if ya want help, im here!
    O and IM intrested in your remake
    !Reyto!
    Add mi on MSN: sheffield_wednesday_rule@msn.com
    or on AIM: JakoSkyBlue
    Liv By the Gun, Die By..............Old age!

Is thare any way i colud put this on a PSP

If you hack your PSP to be able to run this and shove the game on the Memo Stick, then yes.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?