Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's it gonna take?

Default What's it gonna take?

This kinda relates to a chat I had with RSL about how neither of us really gets a kick out of RPGs and FFs these days. It's really tough for me to sit down and play my favorite video games, even though I know how much they completely rock. But recently, I found myself in a Fry's store watching some Advent Children previews and all of a sudden I was just pumped up and ready to play FFVII all over again. But then I got back to my room and couldn't make myself sit down to do it again.

So it's odd, because although I can't sit down and play video games for more than a few minutes, I have no problem blowing my time surfing the Internet. How does that work?

"To give the thread a topic," () What hobby or passion did you use to have that seems dead or dormant now? What would it take to revive that interest again?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FF. And drawing. FF, I don't know, maybe I'd need to feel like playing RPGs again. It was mostly just boredom of the random battles that killed it for me I think.

Drawing, I need more enthusiasm, inspiration, and to make more effort. I think I've just got too lazy to produce anything good these days.
    rawr

i use to record clips on video from FFVII - FFIX and watch them all in the amount of time it takes to finish them. or, i might listen to midi files. they give me a lot of inspiration and keep the FF spirit alive. that doesn't really do much these days.

Yeah. Those midis don't seem to work anymore.

I've also lost a little of the "RPG spirit". I got really excited when I bought a new RPG, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore either. I don't know, I'm very tired of school (we're not on vacation here, you know) and I don't have the "will" to play anything long...It's very weird...

Cleaning houses. All last summer thats all I did, was clean my parents house. Now I hate it

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to love to write. I used to write poetry and short stories. Now I'm embarassed to write, I think my writing sucks. Maybe I'll start writing again.

Also, making dolls on PSP7 used to be a BIG hobby of mine. I used to be pretty good at it, but I can't make them anymore, I forgot how.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rye

Also, making dolls on PSP7 used to be a BIG hobby of mine. I used to be pretty good at it, but I can't make them anymore, I forgot how.
    Ditto. I tried dolling the other day, and everything just looked like crap-_-

i actullay used to be quite sporty....now i'm fat and lazy i wish i did the sports i used to

Trust No one

Well I just passed Tales of Symphonia an hour or two ago. I enjoyed it but I did have trouble going to the bother of playing it at times. Im expecting KH2, FFXII, DoC and .hack//g.u. to get me excited about RPG's and other games again.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Final Fantasy, definitely. Considering starting a new FFVII game just like you are though. Also listening to music. That's right: I got tired of listening to music. Brilliant, eh? I'm rather proud of it myself.

Blog Entries

I thought you said "blowing my time smurfing the internet".

My old passion was EoFF, but - wait.

there was a picture here

I used to be an aspiring young soccer player only last year. I was in the 3rd's of a team that's in the top league in this country but I just gave it up. Sometimes I regret it, sometimes I don't.
    Last edited by Cless; 07-10-2005 at 08:33 AM.
    Casteal is my little sister!

Every Final Fantasy except FF1.
    The Final Fantasy portion of these forums. The only reason I post there now is to joke around.

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no
    i actullay used to be quite sporty....now i'm fat and lazy i wish i did the sports i used to
    ditto. i used to be very energetic and athletic, but then AP time came and i had no time to spend outdoors. and now taht AP's are over and its summer doesn't really help either, cuz now i've just been a couch potato, wasting oxygen, going to this blasted forum, hehe. :rolleyes2
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    FF. And drawing. FF, I don't know, maybe I'd need to feel like playing RPGs again. It was mostly just boredom of the random battles that killed it for me I think.

Drawing, I need more enthusiasm, inspiration, and to make more effort. I think I've just got too lazy to produce anything good these days.
    Couldn't of said it better.