Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Four

Default Fantastic Four

Probably the corniest marvel comic book ever.I remember watching it when I was younger *nostalgic* The movie looks like it hasnt escaped the corny old style of the comics the way Spiderman or X-Men did. Has anyone seen the movie?

i got a pirate of it, its alright, got the guy from Nip/tuck init.
    I prefered X-men and spider man myself

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't like the casting of Sue or Johnny at all. They're supposed to be horrifically All-American™ yet Sue is a freaking Puerto Rican with a bad bleach job. And they made her the leader instead of Reed. Boo!

I always liked the Fantastic Four though, so I'll probably watch it on DVD.

I haven't seen the movie, but that girl is freaking hot!

I saw it at the cinemas the other day - for a superhero movie it was alright. But I'm starting to get tired of all these superhero movies. Mostly due to two things - after I saw 'Batman Begins' every other superhero movie I've seen kind of deflated before my eyes. Batman was just too good. Secondly I've noticed that all the superheros seem to be American and its their job to save the world.

At least Batman had an original and convincing story.

I haven't seen it, but from what I saw in the previews when I was at the cinema watching War of the Worlds the Rock guy is as dumb as he looks. He crushes a giant lorry on a busy road to save 1 person. Probably killing the driver and countless others on the road too.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

The movie will be here on July 29th so I'll probably go see it then. As a movie, I'm quite sure it's nowhere near the quality of Batman Begins, but as superhero characters, I've always liked the FF. It will probably be a decent and somewhat entertaining a film. I'm not going to put too much expectations on it, so I won't be that disappointed if I don't like it.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    I don't like the casting of Sue or Johnny at all. They're supposed to be horrifically All-American™ yet Sue is a freaking Puerto Rican with a bad bleach job. And they made her the leader instead of Reed. Boo!
    Wait...the Invisible Woman's the leader? wtf?

i hated the comic book, so im not going to see this movie. i always though that if it takes 4 people to take down one villan, then they must not be that good. everyone should go see batman begins instead of this movie, i guarantee that batman begins is a better movie than fantastic 4
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

It was alright but not too great! It didnt really play around with the human side of things (they had ample of material with Ben grimm and they did for a bit), they just got more to the nitty gritty of descovering their powers! And Everything felt a little too co-incedental (eg.how their names were given...Not sure how it happened in the comics)!

Even though the story was a little weak i did have fun watching the movie! Not as good as Spiderman and Xmen but its still pretty good!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The movie might as well be called Jessica Alba and Company. Nothing about the movie appeals to me, I probably won't even netflix it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I saw it and enjoyed it. Fantasic Four has always been corny but this did a good job with most of the characters. The end battle was kind of a let down, and Alba is supposed to be seen and not heard, but otherwise I felt it was worth my time to see.

Sue isn't the leader and I have no clue where Shlup got that. At the scene with the reporters they asked who the leader was and everyone looked at Reed.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alright, good. I heard it from my friend who thinks he knows a lot of things and I'm glad to hear he was wrong. After seeing all the previews and publicity shots and stuff where they were showing her off I was believing him but I guess they were just like "THERE'S AN ATTRACTIVE FEMALE IN THIS MOVIE COME SEE IT AND WEAR LOOSE PANTS."

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I think it was pretty good...not gonna get an Academy Award, but still pretty cool.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Dude, this movie was entertaining to the maximum. It was exactly what I expected... pretty damn funny too. I think it's getting slammed because people are expecting comic movies to be have actual depth to them and stuff... though movies like that are good too, it's always nice to have a good popcorn flick you can just have fun with. And F4 is definitely that movie.

Oh, and don't worry... Reed is still the 'leader'... though really, the ones who steal the show are Johnny and Ben.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**