Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So whats wrong with FF2?

This character system is awesome cause you can make your personal party.
    e.g. If you want Fironiel to be a paladin he can be, if you want to stop all the stereotypes and make Maria a tank go for it!
    I think the the only reason people bash it is because it takes a little extra work and planning to achieve making a good party.

In Most other Final Fantasies it is set so the thief is made obvious also the warrior, the mage(s), the tank.

Theres actually absolutely nothing wrong with FFII, its a great game

I really liked it too. It was actually fun that it took a long time because I like long games.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

FFII is what got me into final fantasy. I love the leveling system, and it's a fun game.

Nothing wrong with it. Its just anotherl leveling system by square, its great and it makes every game differet from the next. Also since when was cloud emo?

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon Knight
    Personally, FF2's character development system was simply the worst I've ever seen. The Sphere Grid was a completely different thing, you knew you HAD to use it to move on (of course, those who did that No Sphere Grid Challenge don't apply...). But FF2 gives you too much freedom, and I truly don't like it in a RPG. It's hard to know if you're ready to move on or not when you start very weak and simply HAS to train for your own survival...Otherwise, you'll die (that happened a lot in my first game)...

To make it short: I found it to be very disturbing.
    It's one of the hazzards of the insufficient documentation Square provided with the games. They REALLY didn't explain the system behind the game well enough, so many people play with a "what the heck is going on?" mindset. I've been playing this game for quite a while and I can safely say that I know when to move on to the next area now. It's really just a matter of learning how the game works, and Square stopped providing good documentation of their games when FFVII came out.
    Very true, i don't even know how to play hot & cold chocobo still. and i've completed 9 23 times

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder

I personally like FF2. Sometimes the system didn't quite feel in my favor but I otherwised really enjoyed it.

I have beaten it also by the way and do the Soul of Rebirth on and off.
    "If only I were a woman" -Some guy in Fable

FFXIV Character

Striking Teek (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So whats wrong with FF2?
    It sucks.

Nothing is wrong with FFII. xD

In the NES version, I felt that, unless you exploited the system, leveling up skills took WAy to long. In DoS, it's been changed, and I, personally, like it much more.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matt89
    Nothing wrong with it. Its just anotherl leveling system by square, its great and it makes every game differet from the next. Also since when was cloud emo?

Very true, i don't even know how to play hot & cold chocobo still. and i've completed 9 23 times
    *cracks knuckles*

Cloud isn't, Squall is. So is Tidus. They also all happen to use fairly large swords. I was saying the main character of FFII isn't like one of Tetsuya Nomura's lead characters.

Chocobo hot & cold has an in game tutorial that covers everything you'll ever need to know about how to play the game. FFII in the Origins version had a manual that briefly glossed over some of the more obvious parts of playing the game. FFII in DoS had a manual that covered the most basic of basics and then told you which spells did what. If you want to know just how much more there is to the game than what's covered in the manuals or the in-game tutorials (in the healing chamber), just take a look at my website, then consider the fact that it isn't even halfway finished yet without even taking the walkthrough into consideration. That's what I mean when I say the game has lousy documentation.

For example, did you know that there is no spell in the game that causes poison?

I liked the leveling system but in the game I have a hard time on getting weop. and magi. levels because I am using the DOS version which is quicker late in the game but I doubt its 100 strikes to my next level now.
    Edit: Bring on the Poison in scourge already!
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Scourge causes poison element damage, but does not inflict poison status. There's only one method of inflicting poison status on your enemies in the entire game. Can you guess what that is?

The poison axe.

On second thought, you can also confuse an enemy that inflicts poison with its physical attacks, but that's not reliable, nor is it easy.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Scourge causes poison element damage, but does not inflict poison status. There's only one method of inflicting poison status on your enemies in the entire game. Can you guess what that is?

The poison axe.

On second thought, you can also confuse an enemy that inflicts poison with its physical attacks, but that's not reliable, nor is it easy.
    I love poison axe, but it never seems to do much good.

There's confuse spells? Oh yeah @_@l;;; I can hardly see them working *For* you though.

Banned

To me it was mostly the fact that the game is so goddamn slow.
    Donīt misunderstand, I really liked the game as a whole, but I totally abhored those fights in the hard dungeons, especially in that Warship; itīs like getting infected with Poison, Sleep and lots of other stuff with no possibility to heal them since Heal and all curative items are used up.
    This ends up with you having to fight desperately, which takes FOREVER, since you always miss your targets and stuff.
    I thought that was really annoying.