Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroid Trivia

three hours and five hours?

Rye made this!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Nope

3 hours and under - Samus in the suit, then the screen flashes and shows her without Suit
    Between 3 and 10 hours - Samus in the suit, then the screen flashes and shows her sans helmet
    Over 10 hours - Samus in the suit, then she jumps and shoots the screen

Yesh

In Metroid Prime, which are the only items necessary to complete the game, taking into account sequence breaking?

darn, the only metroid games i haven't beaten or even played are the metroid prime games (i don't have a gamecube)

Rye made this!

Question! Do all the items such as beams, suits or suit mods(ball) count? Do missles and super missle type items count also?

Every item you collect in the game counts as a single percentage point, that includes beams suits, powerups, missile expansions and whatnot, and ESPECIALLY the Beam Combos.

Well, there are two items that don't, but I'm sure you can figure out what they are.

Just list the items that are 100% necessary to finish the game, through the usage of sequence breaking to avoid the unecessary ones.

Ball, Bomb, Missle, Super Missle, Power Bomb, Grappling Beam, Ice Beam, Charge Beam, Wave Beam, Plasma Beam, Spiderball, Boost Ball, X-Ray Visor, infared Visor, Varia Suit, Gravity Suit, Phazon Suit.

I think I got everything. I didn't include space jump because I know you don't need that but I think that you need most everything else for some stupid reason or another.

Nope, you have FAR too many.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I've never been too good at pulling off all the techniques that are necessary for majorly sequence-breaking in Prime, so I never kept up with what was possible, although I do know there are numerous items that seem necessary but aren't due to some crazy trick or another. So I'll just make some educated guesses here.

• Missile
    • Morph Ball
    • Morph Ball Bomb
    • Varia Suit
    • Wave Beam
    • Ice Beam
    • Power Bomb
    • Plasma Beam
    • Phazon Suit

Ah, I'll give you that, since I don't think anyone else could get it.

You're missing the 12 artifacts, and I believe that you need the Space Jump in order to skip out using the Spider Ball and Gravity Suit, so the lowest possible percentage is 22%. (The Phazon Suit and Beam don't count to the percentage score), though I could be wrong, not sure, s'been a while since I was checking up on the Sequence Breaking scene and 22% was the lowest I'd seen (Actually being able to open Geothermal Core without the Boost Ball is the maddest thing EVER)

Best I've gotten is a 30% game, all the usual suit items, just no Missile Expansions or Energy Tanks and a single Power Bomb Expansion, though I did get the Space Jump, Ice Beam, Power Bombs and consequently the Plasma Beam early, in order to make Thardus and a few other things easier. Actually technically, I got one Missile Expansion, but that was in order to skip out the Missile Launcher.

...It was hard, I'll tell you that, though not really anything special, boo.

I thought that you could skip the space jump in the game because there is a glitch around it. I am not very good at low item runs or high item runs. It is usually the speed run that I am decent at...although Prime has no run button ;_;

I think the Phazon Suit goes towards your percentage but not the gun because that is aquired during the final fight. If I am not mistake you get the phazon suit during regular play.

Phazon Suit and Beam appear as separate items in your inventory, but don't count towards your item percentage, trust me and the entire Prime community on this, it's taken as truth, instead the final expansion (or is it energy tank?) you find counts as 2% instead of 1%.

Don't question, just accept.

And Prime has the Speed Jump for fast movement, just jump and hold L as you do so.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Q: What do "Stardust Shower," "Diamond Dust," "Asteroid Belt," and "Emerald Splasher" refer to?

Hint: They're in Super Metroid.