Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF1 Post

Default FF1 Help

I'm going to go on a hard and difficult journey...beating FF1 with all Black Mages. I was wondering if anbody had advice on how to approach this.

Thank You!
    Last edited by FunkyBlackMage; 07-13-2005 at 03:04 AM.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

I've done it. It's not that hard once you get the better spells. (Elfheim). Stock up on healing items, though. I'm currently doing a solo black mage.
    P.S. Love the avatar.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

make sure to level up plenty so you dont get wiped out from low health and always have plenty of healing items and ethers and make sure the first thing you do when you get to a town is buy everything including spells armour e.c.t
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

What version are you playing? Assuming you are playing any version besides FFI:DoS, there are no Ethers. So keep stocked up on HEALs, and grab all of the best equipment you can get. I can't say whether or not it would be better to have one BW with a Masamune at the end getting FAST/TMPRed by the other ones or to just NUKE the crap outta Chaos, the former may be a possiblity though.

Also, it's not necessary for each BM to have many spells from a particular level, only the ones that you will be using consistently with all of them. Keeping this in mind will also help you cut down on cost, that magic is expensive as you start you journey!
    Last edited by abrojtm; 10-13-2005 at 06:10 AM.
    Sigless

Thanks to everyone for their help.

And thanks to DarkLadyNyara for commenting on my avatar.

Black maging is tough but essectial since you are doing a all BM/BW group you should mix the spells up with all BW so they are ready for anything.
    you were killed by: a shoe

YOU:These are my Immortal words "I am Cao Pi"
    A Shoe:WTF!?!

Hey if your feeling soft bring a white mage. LOL [if you do]
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

done it and its easy. ok first your task is only spells u need. fir and lit for lev 1 and ice for lev 2. then beeline for fir2. take a bunch of healing and head for the pennisula of power and save with a tent. then dilly around and kill some fr wolf or zombulls if lucky.

for items always carry 99 potions and purs. tons of houses too if affordiable. dont buy anything you dont need and save all the time. kill a set of ogres save. lev up save. just remember to save always.
    dont forget to lev up tons.

spells
    1-fire lit sleep(not neccessary)
    2-ice(all i found neccessary)
    3-fir2 lit2 hold(ok on kary)
    4-ice2 fast(again not neccessary)
    5-fir3 warp bane(all kill and tiamate)
    6-lit3 quake(all killer) rub(ok killer)
    7-ice3 brak(killer)
    8-nuke xxxx(killer) zap(all killer)

my spells are simple but u dont need most. ones with () next to them arnt neccessary. i beat it only with the fir and lits and ice and nuks from the levs.

Which version we talking here.

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

I'm playing the original FF and FF: DoS.

people are silly with all the FF1 obsessions of beating it in weird ways. I only played this once ever. I couldn't stand playing through the original more than once. To sit there an hour per level looking at little 8 bit sprites mime fight each other for the millionth time, dear dog no, I get the picture after 12 times, and the story part is small enough to remember perfectly. And the remake is very nice, but I doubt I'd want to play it over and over.

IOW, for the love of mog pick a party that kicks rear not a stunted one! well it seems torturous to me to hinder yourself when you don't get a better ending, or anything, for facing up to the challenge. of course that's just my opinion.

For the Original FF1:

I never use magic.

For the DoS:

Focus on leveling up in the begining then cross the bridge.As I said in my first post mix the spell up so you can have one mage kill the other fight with weapons and the others...they can......watch.
    you were killed by: a shoe

YOU:These are my Immortal words "I am Cao Pi"
    A Shoe:WTF!?!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cookieface
    people are silly with all the FF1 obsessions of beating it in weird ways. I only played this once ever. I couldn't stand playing through the original more than once. To sit there an hour per level looking at little 8 bit sprites mime fight each other for the millionth time, dear dog no, I get the picture after 12 times, and the story part is small enough to remember perfectly. And the remake is very nice, but I doubt I'd want to play it over and over.

IOW, for the love of mog pick a party that kicks rear not a stunted one! well it seems torturous to me to hinder yourself when you don't get a better ending, or anything, for facing up to the challenge. of course that's just my opinion.
    Oooooo, somebody doesn't like a good challenge...

We do it for the Bragging Rights!

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM