Thread: need help with boss fight (FFII)

Default need help with boss fight (FFII)

ok, Im towards the end of the game (I think) down in pandemonium where you have to fight the emperor the second time.
    I've tried every aproech I can think of, but his defense is so high, I can barely hit him, not to mention he drains your hp with normal attacks, which heal him roughly 3-5 thousand every time he does it.

Plz help me, I need to finish the game

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

which version the original or DoS.in the original he has 10000 and the dawn of souls he has 15000 hp if it is the DoS version your defense is too low and he should only be doing 2000 hp at most if you have osmose and ethers you should be pretty much o.k with some more training.(i had to beat him without ethers.i was lucky to pull it off.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Defense is good and all but evasion will make his attacks do far less damage. You want to cast blink, protect and shell on everyone, and berserk and haste on your fighters.

Or, you could just be totally cheap about it and go with the good ol' Blood Sword method.

Yea, if you're having trouble, equip the Blood Sword, this will easily do thousands of damage to the Emperor.
    Sigless

blood sword? whats that?
    (thx for you're posts)

Blood sword-A blood red sword that is quite weak but takes health from enemy and heals you.
    you were killed by: a shoe

YOU:These are my Immortal words "I am Cao Pi"
    A Shoe:WTF!?!

dude that boss battle is so hard... i think i should lvl up im like lvl 60. geez i hat training!!!

There are two Blood Swords in the game, but if you are playing DoS, you may have missed out. You can find one by speaking to Paul after liberating Phinn (I think).
    Sigless

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ...........Crap!!!!!

Well, guess I'll have to beat him the old fashioned way, leveling up

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare666
    dude that boss battle is so hard... i think i should lvl up im like lvl 60. geez i hat training!!!
    :mad2:
    Ther are no levels!
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)