Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to be "good" at RPGs?

when ur better than ur older bro, then that means ur the champ. i always train more, have lots of Gil/items, and bosses are pushovers. i can't help but to savor the memory of my brother fighting Edea in the Deling City parade and dying to her like 7 consecutive times .

What constitutes a good RPG player?

Why, this constitutes a good RPG player.

And no, Neel, that isn't this picture.

i can't help but to savor the memory of my brother fighting Edea in the Deling City parade and dying to her like 7 consecutive times .
    Wow, your brother must really suck, because as far as I know, it's impossible to get a gameover from Edea at the Deling City Parade.

Being good at RPGs? You might as well say you're good at eating soup.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    What constitutes a good RPG player?

Why, this constitutes a good RPG player.

And no, Neel, that isn't this picture.

i can't help but to savor the memory of my brother fighting Edea in the Deling City parade and dying to her like 7 consecutive times .
    Wow, your brother must really suck, because as far as I know, it's impossible to get a gameover from Edea at the Deling City Parade.
    nah, i just have more will to train, but he has more will to beat games, and he's beaten far more RPGs than me. sometimes he'll ask me to train his characters. next time i'm charging $5 per lvl up :goofy: .

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The guy who can revive Aeris is a good RPG player.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

It is possible to be "good at RPGs", because not everyone can beat them. When I was younger, in the days when Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy were in their prime, I couldn't beat them. I wasn't good at RPGs. Now I can't think of an RPG I can't beat. Somewhere between Dragon Warrior 1, and the present, I got "good" at RPGs.

Unlike other genres of videogames though, RPGs reach a skill plateau. In an action game, you can always increase your high score. You can always improve your strategy in a RTS game. 1st person shooters have a definite capacity for infinite skill improvement. This isn't the case with RPGs. RPGs have only two levels of prowess: those who are good at RPGs and those who aren't. Dragon Warrior was insanely difficult, untill I beat it. Then I knew the rules. The rules all RPGs follow. And no RPG has been as great a challenge since.
    Knock yourselves down.

People that are good at RPG's are people that do all those lvl 1 challenges and all, patience is key as well

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    Being good at RPGs? You might as well say you're good at eating soup.

*chokes on soup*x_x

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by gibbi8
    People that are good at RPG's are people that do all those lvl 1 challenges and all, patience is key as well
    I don't think that makes you good, that just means you have a lot of time to waste...

THE JACKEL

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbi8
    I don't think that makes you good, that just means you have a lot of time to waste...

THE JACKEL
    I disagree. It doesn't take anywhere near the amount of time it does to get everyone up to level 99 and stuff like that. That takes zero skill. Being able to figure out boss patterns and maximize what you have and build stratagy around it takes skill and few can do that.

to be a good at an rpg all you have to do is not suck at it

Blog Entries

Well, if you mean in the Battle System, in some games there might be certain strategies you can find out. For example:

In FF1, my usual team is Fighter, Red Mage, Black Mage, White Mage. I then come across 3 Goblins. My Fighter and Red Mage can kill those in 1 hit, but my other Mages cannot. So, I do this:

Fighter kills Goblin 1.

Red Mage kills Goblin 2.

White Mage hits Goblin 3.

Black Mage kills Goblin 3.

I weaken the enemy with 1 of my weak characters, and then finish it off with the other weak character.

In the Maps, though, I suppose that to be good at an RPG you can try to solve all the extra puzzles and find the secret paths to get more items.

When u beat the game at under level 45 then ur good. I hate it when people are like "oh, im lvl. 99 im soo good." i reply by saying "No ---- sherlock u kill everything in 1 freakin hit, that takes no skillz, killing all those bunnies to nickel and dime u experince up there really paid off didnt it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder. Is it possible to be a LV.40 and beat ruby weapon without KoTR??

I dare you to try it with Coin+Mime, and nothing else.

Would beating Ruby with something as ludicrous as this be considered "good"?