Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dragon Ball Z

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Toriyama had intended to end the Series with Goku becoming the "Legendary Super Saiyan" and it would have finished after he beat Frieza. But because it was so popular in Japan, they pushed for more episodes and it all became more ludicrous. What always amused me was that Frieze was supposed to be the most powerful being in the universe, yet every single person Goku fought after that, he said "Wow, I've never fought against someone like you before. You're the strongest opponent i've ever had." This went on right up until the last Evil Dragon in GT, which ended up being so powerful it got beaten by a Spirit Bomb from a normal form Goku, which earlier only just about managed to destroy a bit of Frieza's tail. :} Oh well, at least Goku died for good at the end of that series.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kyono
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Toriyama had intended to end the Series with Goku becoming the "Legendary Super Saiyan" and it would have finished after he beat Frieza. But because it was so popular in Japan, they pushed for more episodes and it all became more ludicrous. What always amused me was that Frieze was supposed to be the most powerful being in the universe, yet every single person Goku fought after that, he said "Wow, I've never fought against someone like you before. You're the strongest opponent i've ever had." This went on right up until the last Evil Dragon in GT, which ended up being so powerful it got beaten by a Spirit Bomb from a normal form Goku, which earlier only just about managed to destroy a bit of Frieza's tail. :} Oh well, at least Goku died for good at the end of that series.
    He died? Finally! But next era is gonna be like "Omg look it's Goku with 20 halos on his head! He'll help kill super evil Mr. Popo!"

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Super evil Mr. Popo xD I'd actually watch it just for that. But yeah, he died. Well, sort of. Like, That dragon that comes out the dragonballs turned up, and Goku got on his head and went to sleep and the Dragon flew off with him on top if it, and all the rest of the cast were saying Bye and stuff. Or at least, I remember it something like that.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-MaN
    Quote Originally Posted by crash26821
    Actually Gohan was one of the best characters. Better than goku...
    Gohan is my fav. character in DBZ .
    Same here!!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I do like Dragonball Z. No where near the greatness that the original Dragonball was but still not bad. I admit that I like it despite all the flaws. Although I did not like the Freeza saga. Cell was awesome and the show probably would have been better if he had just made Gohan the main hero like he wanted. It was leading up to that the whole time.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked BDZ despite being well aware of all its faults. By the end of the series Toriyama was sick and tired of drawing it, and it showed.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really like Toriyama's style to begin with, and although I enjoyed it immensely when I was little, even then I knew it was just because I liked watching them blow the crap out of stuff. The original Dragon Ball series was actually fairly decent, the plot was, at that point, not overdone and actually had a point. It's when you got to the later parts of DBZ that things just went straight to hell. The movies were a fun watch though, I still have a VHS with a bunch of the movies in their original Japanese form, no subtitling or dubbing at all. My cousins and I would just watch them, we didn't understand what they were saying but we didn't really have to.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah his art can suck at times!! With the blocky hair looks like a profesional paint artist drew it with the line creater thingy. DB was by far the best!! Toriyama did better pics in CT. Way better. Thing is the only good DBZ crap thats reamaning and is actually good are the movies. Just like you said Voyd. I still rent those movies. It's like a side quest in an RPG. You wanna get through it 100% to sometimes collect bonuses to the storyline. And the movies are a great example. Im just pissed how goku defeated Brolly in the first Brolly movie...