But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    DRK Mithra aren't really efficient either per se.
    In my opinion they're the best DRKs in the game. The ability to hit often is much more important than the ability to hit hard, especially when you start getting to upper levels.

Plus they look the best in Dark Knight AF.

4,000 on Vincent.

1000 on Vincent.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

5000 on Vincent

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Free-roaming cameras zoomed around the massive, domed stadium floating within the middle of a swirling vortex as an anxious crowd awaited the first match.

"Ladies and gentlemen," a voice said, echoing throughout the stadium. "Welcome to the first match of the Grand Tournament. Our battle today is between the two very different warriors. Please, welcome Vincent Valentine and Erdrick!"

Two steel doors swung upward, admitting two figures into the spherical glass arena. The ground was packed dirt, with no obstacles to impede the fight.

One figure was tall and pale, with disheveled black hair held back by a red headband and a red cloak. In his right hand he held a pistol with several shining gems embedded in it, and on his left arm was a metal gauntlet.

The other wore archaic blue armor that covered his body almost completely, leaving only the face area unprotected. In one hand he held an antique sword, rune inlaid and humming with power. In his other hand he held a silver shield, round in shape and fairly large in size.

"BEGIN!" the announcer shouted.

"BLAZEMORE!" Erdrick shouted, hurling a large fireball at Vincent.

Vincent's eyes narrowed slightly, and he jumped to the side, taking aim at Erdrick as the fireball exploded where he was standing.

However, Erdrick wasn't there anymore, having moved while Vincent was diving. Rolling once on the ground, Vincent came up with his gun extended outward, eyes scanning the area.

Almost too late, Vincent ducked under a horizontal sword stroke that would have taken off his head. Before he could do anything else Erdrick's shield came out of nowhere and blasted him off his feet, knocking him backwards. Reversing his grip on his sword, Erdrick rushed forward, attempting to drive his sword through Vincent's chest and end the battle.

As he came upon Vincent's prone form, three loud cracks sounded throughout the arena.

Erdrick and Vincent seemed to both stop, Erdrick's sword inches from Vincent's chest, before Erdrick slumped to the ground, clutching his chest.

As Vincent got to his feet, the Cleric and White Mage unit rushed onto the field, casting some healing spells and dumping Erdrick on a stretcher, carting him off to the infirmary.

1st Match: Vincent Valentine vs. Erdrick

Victory: Vincent Valentine

Current Accounts:
    Doom: 5,500
    Starlight Angel: 5,500
    Necronopticous: 9,000
    Mercen-X: 10,000
    Rase: 6,000

The next match will be between Firion and Faris (Red Mage). Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

I'll assume I have 6,000, in which case, 2,000 on Faris.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

500 on Faris.
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded

7,000 on Faris.

7000 on Faris.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Red Mage sucks.

2000 on Frionel.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

3000 on Faris

*Recklessness*

Will every match be fought in that dome arena?

Seeing as Red Mage can only use elementary magic, I vote Firion.

1500 on Firion (Frionel, whatever).
    Sigless

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All fights take place in the same arena. Oh yes, and I've decided to give Firion pants *shudder*

I'm also using a standardized magic form for Final Fantasy, I will be using the "-ra -aga" system, since it sounds better from an incantation standpoint.

And remember, I'm trying to equalize the field with this, so keep in mind that this is the characters in their mid-range level and abilities. The full spellcasters will probably have the -aga spells, but Ultima, Flare, Holy, and the like will probably not be making an appearance, at least not until the later fights.

The steel doors opened once again to admit the next two contestants. One was a young woman with flowing pink hair dressed in a red cloak, tunic, trousers, and a wide-brimmed red hat with a white feather protruding from it. She had a breastplate over her chest, a shield, and a sword, which she carried with practiced ease.

The other combatant was a young, brown-haired man with a flowing red cape and a brown metal armor that covered his entire body, except for his head. He held a long sword and short sword, one in either hand, and he was obviously well muscled.

"Our next match is between the Faris and Firion, two warriors skilled in sword and sorcery. BEGIN!" the announcer shouted.

Faris pointed her sword at Firion, magic flowing through it.

"FIRA!" she shouted, a wave of flame bursting from her blade. Firion dodged to the ground and rolled once, magic gathering in his hands. He recovered to a standing position and brought his swords together with a loud, steely clang.

"THUNDARA!" he howled, thick bolts of lighting bursting from his crossed blades and hurling themselves at Faris.

Faris furrowed her brow and brought her shield forward in an attempt to block the bolts. They slammed into her with great force, causing damage but not enough to be serious.

Faris muttered a few very unladylike imprecautions under her breath and her sword and shield glowed with white light.

"Cure!" she shouted, a wave of blue light enshrouding her and healing her wounds.

As Faris healed herself Firion shot forward, slashing at Faris's neck with his longsword. Faris raised her shield, blocking the attack. Quickly, Firion brought his short sword up to stab Faris, but she bat it aside with her own longsword, which began to glow.

"BLIZZARA!" she howled, whipping her blade outward at Firion.

Firion gasped in pain as shards of ice burst forth, pounding his body and leaving bloody cuts all over. Grimacing in pain, he drew back, but Faris followed, moving in and bashing at his face with her shield.

Firion brought both swords up to block the attack, only to gasp in pain as Faris's sword slid neatly into his chest. Gasping for air, Firion slid off the blade and onto the ground, where he was immediately beset upon by the Cleric and White Mage unit to tend to his wounds.

2nd Match: Firion vs. Faris

Victory: Faris

Current Accounts:
    Doom: 6,000
    Starlight Angel: 8,500
    Necronopticous: 16,000
    Mercen-X: 17,000
    Rase: 6,000
    Del Murder: 3,000
    abrojtm: 3,500

The next match will be between the Joker and Kain. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.