Thread: Square Enix Grand Tournament

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Good thing I haven't been paying attention because I would have lost all my money on Ragnar and Vivi.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

2,000 on Summoner.

It really depends on how high level Summons Summoner can use. As stated earlier, the first round won't even go past -ara spells, so I guess Summoner couldn't use much past level 3 (the FFIII equivalent of -ara spells.) That would limit it to only being able to use Chocobo, Shiva, and Ramuh.

500 on Hassan.
    Sigless

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Note that pure casters were using the -aga level spells, and Vivi did use Flare. Something to think about. I'll let you change your bet if you so desire, but you may be right anyways.

Yea, Vivi did do some crazy spells for first round. I'll just abstain from this one (I don't know how powerful they can be, but Bahamut would decimate Hassan).
    Sigless

2,000 on Summoner

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The doors opened once more to admit two more people onto the battlefield. One was clothed in green robes and had a headband with a horn protruding from the top. The other was an incredibly muscular man with spikey purple hair, a gray vest, gray shorts, and a green sash.

"Our next fight is between the Summoner and Hassan! BEGIN!"

Hassan began running towards the Summoner, picking up speed as he went.

"Chocobo!" the summoner yelled, a magic circle appearing on the ground. As Hassan approached, a feathery yellow bird popped out of the circle and leapt into the air, only to be pounded back to the ground by Hassan's fist. It skidded across the ground and stood shakily with a weak "kweh!".

The summoner rushed over to the Chocobo as Hassan leapt into the air again. Throwing his leg over it, he mounted the chocobo and kicked its flanks. The chocobo sped forward, dodging Hassan's attack with a triumphant "wark!".

As the chocobo sped around the battlefield, Hassan took off in hot pursuit, but the bird was simply too fast for him.

"Ifrit!" the summoner yelled, a red magic circle appearing in the ground. A massive and muscular demon emerged from the ground and charged at Hassan, who began grappling with it. Hassan's muscles bulged as he fought back, but Ifrit's fire was doing much damage to Hassan, causing blisters to appear on his skin and burning some of his hair and flesh due to the proximity. Finally, with a powerful yell, Hassan flipped Ifrit and drove him into the ground, head first. Ifrit howled in pain and vaporized in a torrent of flame that further served to harm Hassan.

"Titan!" the summoner yelled, his weary chocobo now halted on the other end of the field. This time a yellow magic circle appeared on the ground, and a massively muscular man emerged, his proportions even more grotesque than Hassan's. Charging forward, he grabbed Hassan, who was already wounded from his fight with Ifrit, and pinned him on the ground with ease.

"The Summoner is the winner!" the announcer shouted, as the smirking summoner dismounted the chocobo and dismissed his summons.

7th Match: The Summoner vs. Hassan

Victory: The Summoner

Current Accounts:
    Doom: 6,500
    Starlight Angel: 10,500
    Necronopticous: 30,000
    Mercen-X: 27,000
    Rase: 7,500
    Del Murder: 3,000
    abrojtm: 5,000
    Kyono: 9,000

The next match will be between Ashley and Emeralda. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

5,000 on Ashley. The day I bet against Ashley Riot is the day... I mean, uh. Well, let's just say I wouldn't really bet against Ashley Riot.

500 on Ashley.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to delay this fight for a day while I gather information on Ashley's fighting ability. Betting will remain open for another 24 hours.

5000 on Emeralda

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

*guesses again*

500 on Ashley.
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The gates opened again admitting two more people. One was a tall, lithe woman with long green hair and gold eyes. She wore a white scarf and a tattered red suit, and she moved with a calm and unconcious grace.

The other was a moderately muscular man with brown hair and sharp, angular features. He held a sword, and wore red shorts that were almost kilt-like in nature.

"Our next combatants are Emeralda and Ashley Riot! BEGIN!"

Ashley rushed forward, slashing at Emeralda's neck and going for a quick win. Emeralda's body suddenly constricted, and her hair billowed out before forming into several massive blades that whirled towards Ashley.

Grunting in surprise, Ashley brought his sword up to block and jumped back, narrowly avoiding being slashed into several different pieces.

"Thermo Geist," Emeralda said calmly, a torrent of flames bursting forth. Ashley scurried away to avoid it, only to hear a soul-curdling growl as a massive beast composed of darkness itself emerged and hurled itself at him. The beast lunged for Ashley's throat but stopped just short as Emeralda held her hand up and looked pointedly at the judge.

"Emeralda is the winner!"

9th Match: Ashley Riot vs. Emeralda

Victory: Emeralda

Current Accounts:
    Doom: 6,000
    Starlight Angel: 10,500
    Necronopticous: 25,000
    Mercen-X: 32,000
    Rase: 7,000
    Del Murder: 3,000
    abrojtm: 5,000
    Kyono: 9,000

The next match will be between Benjamin and the Selkie. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

5,000 on the Selkie.

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

500 on the Selkie.
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded