All right, with the relatively good success of my Grand Tournament in Arts & Writing, I am bringing this here, where the Final Fantasy characters will duke it out in narrative-style battles. The battles will be written by myself, but the outcome is not yet decided upon as I will play out the fight in my head and decide the outcome based on what characters I think would do better. I am using a fantastical realism setting, which means that the fantasy elements are permitted, but there is realism involved. Fire magic or Lightning magic does a great deal of damage, Cloud can wield that sword of his (albeit only with both hands and he can't swing it that fast), Squall does have a gunblade (but the bullets lack significant range and power), etc. So, to get this started, I am listing the games that are currently entered into the tournament. I may add more if I have good suggestions. You may vote for one character from each game to represent that game in the tournament, and the tournament will when I have enough votes for the characters needed and have finalized the game roster.

You may ONLY vote on characters who you get on your party with some permanency, I.E. characters like Yang, Tellah, Fu-So-Ya, etc. are permissible because they are part of the "good guys" who fight for you, but characters like Seifer, Beatrix, and Edea are not permissible because they are just event joins.

The available games are as follows:

Final Fantasy I

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X (X-2)

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Dragon Quest I

Dragon Quest II

Dragon Quest III

Dragon Quest IV

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest VI

Dragon Quest VII

Kingdom Hearts

Seiken Densetsu

Xenogears

Vagrant Story

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Cross

In Grand Tournament tradition, I am allowing betting on the matches, which is transferable to other Grand Tournament events. Everyone gets 5,000 Gil, and since this is a new thing I am allowing this to be a seperate account from those already in the Grand Tournament. The accounts may be merged after the games. Betting is a double or nothing, you can bet however much Gil you wish on a fight and if you pick a winner, you get double what you bet, if you pick a loser, you lose what you bet. Voting for the characters starts now, let's get a good list of fighters together. Remember, only characters who join the party with some permanency.