Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516

Thread: Square Enix Grand Tournament

ooohh... I would've liked squall to get another bye as he should win- me and my big mouth.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Given the characters involved, this arguably could have been the final. I'll put 500 on Orlandu.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The gates opened once more as the Thunder God and SeeD stepped onto the field.

"The next battle is between Orlandu and Squall! BEGIN!"

Squall drew his gunblade and aimed it at Orlandu, firing twice.

Orlandu dodged to the side, energy crackling upon his sword. Raising it, he thrust at Squall.

"Hellcry Punch!"

A massive surge of energy burst from his sword. Squall jumped to the side, narrowly avoiding it.

Righting himself, Orlandu thrust his sword at Squall once more.

"Crush Punch!"

Squall raised his hands and his eyes glowed red. As the energy from Orlandu's attack sped towards Squall, a demonic creature appeared, wreathed in flames, it's arms wrapped around Squall protectively. Jumping in front of him, the creature was impaled upon the attack, and dissipated into red fragments.

Orlandu dashed in and unleashed a vicious horizontal slash at Squall, who barely managed to bring his gunblade down in time to block it. Orlandu gripped his sword in both hands, pushing heavily against Squall's blade.

Squall's legs buckled from under him as he gripped his gunblade in both hands, but the added strength was not sufficient to stop Orlandu. Desperately, Squall pushed upwards with his blade with all his strength, knocking Orlandu back slightly. Using this chance, he drew back and aimed his balde at Orlandu, preparing to fire.

"Holy Explosion!"

A beam of white light descended from the heavens and engulfed Squall. When it passed, he kneeled upon the ground, panting heavily.

"Night Sword!" Orlandu yelled, thrusting at Squall. Squall glared at him with yellow eyes as a massive birdlike creature appeared and was impaled upon Orlandu's attack, it, too, dissipating.

In the wake of the attack, Orlandu sped forward and slashed at Squall's gunblade, knocking it to the side. He then took his sword and pointed it at Squall's throat, the blade glowing with gathered energy.

Squall faced down the blade for a moment, before lowering his head.

23rd Match: Squall vs. Orlandu

Victory: Orlandu

Current Accounts:
    Doom: 12,000
    Starlight Angel: 12,500
    Necronopticous: 900,000
    Mercen-X: 1,000,000
    Rase: 7,000
    Del Murder: 3,000
    abrojtm: 0
    Kyono: 0
    Turkslayer: 10,500
    Eternal Essence: 2,500
    Takara: 6,000
    raskerino: 0
    Masamune1600: 14,500
    Strawberryman: 5,500

The final is between Emeralda and Orlandu. Betting officially closes tomorrow, but I may not have time to update until Saturday or Sunday.

In a bit early tonight, eh? Disappointingly, Squall never unleashed any of his limit breaks.
    After Orlandu trounces Emeralda, I suggest one last bonus battle. It can be a preliminary thing for Albel since he was denied his opportunity to appear. Instead of facing off against the victor, he'll fight Squall, since he didn't fill his battle quota as had everyone else. This will serve as an opportunity for Squall to redeem himself to appear in the next tournament. Of course, the betting on this particular battle would be more about whether we think you want to continue writing for Squall or if you've gotten tired of him already. Meh. Something to think about.

1/2 on Orlandu.

I'm gonna take a risk. EVERYTHING on Orlandu.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

7000 on Orlandu.

Going to take a risk too since it's the last round. 6000 on Orlandu.

Just in case Void doesn't realize I placed a bet, I'll restate my wager.

500,000g on Orlandu

500 on Orlandu.

100,000 on Emeralda.

I'll go with 1,000 on Emeralda.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The gates opened amidst the wild cheers of the crowd as the final match began. Emeralda strode confidently into the stadium, her long green hair framing her tall and slender form.

Orlandu entered from the other side, sword drawn and cloak wrapped tightly around his body. Energy crackled along his blade, and he appeared ready for a fight.

"The final match is between Emeralda and Orlandu! BEGIN!"

Emeralda's eyes hardened to narrow slits as green feathered wings burst from her back. Beating them, she lifted off into the air, flying overhead.

Orlandu ran his hand over the blade and it began to crackle with electricity.

"LIGHTNING STAB!" he howled as a blade of lightning extended outward, bursting towards Emeralda with great speed.

Emeralda beat her wings once more and dodged to the side, the lightning narrowly missing her. She closed her eyes as a red aura enveloped her, ether forming in her hands.

"THERMO GEIST!" she yelled, flames bursting forth and enveloping the battlefield.

Orlandu grunted and ran to the edge of the arena, his blade pulsing with blue energy.

"STASIS SWORD!" he yelled, shards of ice bursting from his sword and causing a burst of steam as they connected with the flames and melted instantaneously, holding back the flames and preventing them from reaching him.

"SPLIT PUNCH!" Orlandu yelled, a ghostly image of a blue sword bursting through the cloud of steam and hurling itself at Emeralda.

Emeralda gasped in pain as the blade impaled her, opening a wound in her chest that began to bleed a strange ichor.

Hissing softly to herself, she folded her wings and swooped in low. Her hand transformed into a massive mace and she swung it at Orlandu, who raised his sword to block the strike.

Emeralda whirled, two large axe-like blades bursting from her chest and slashing at Orlandu.

Orlandu grimaced and jumped back, freeing Emeralda's hand, which she transformed into a long spear and thrust at him.

Orlandu groaned as the nanomachine's blade impaled him. Grasping the blade in one hand, he grit his teeth and thrust his sword at Emeralda.

"CRUSH PUNCH!"

A lance of orange energy burst forth from the sword and impaled Emeralda. She shrieked in pain as it hit her began glowing with yellow light.

"AMENO OMEGA!"

A torrent of lightning burst forth from where Emeralda stood. Orlandu howled in pain as it slammed into him, releasing his grip on Emeralda's blade. The lightning blasted him backwards into the wall, where he lay for a few tense moments before slowly standing, using his blade to support himself.

Emeralda was still standing, but her shoulders were hunched and she was breathing heavily.

For several moments both combatants stood, staring each other down. Orlandu stood and gripped his blade tightly, energy crackling around it. Emeralda responded by once again sprouting massive green-feathered wings and forming a sword which seemed attached to her hand.

"HOLY EXPLOSION!"

Beams of light burst from the sky just as Emeralda jumped forward, scorching the ground where she had been standing mere moments before with holy energy.

Emeralda's wings snapped open and she glided through the air. Recovering his sword, Orlandu ran his hand over the blade and thrust it at Emeralda in one fluid motion.

"LIGHTNING STAB!"

Emeralda beat her wings fiercely and spiraled through the air, dodging the attack by a hairsbreadth. Shooting forward, she thrust her sword at Orlandu.

They both stood there for a moment as Emeralda retracted her wings, Orlandu's sword extended and Emeralda right next to him, within his guard. Coughing blood, Orlandu fell to his knees and fell back, sliding off her sword. Emeralda backed away and dropped to her knees, gasping for breath, as the Cleric and White Mage unit rushed forward to attend to both combatant.

Final Scores:

23rd Match: Squall vs. Orlandu

Victory: Orlandu

Current Accounts:
    Doom: 12,000
    Starlight Angel: 12,500
    Necronopticous: 1,000,000
    Mercen-X: 500,000
    Rase: 8,000
    Del Murder: 3,000
    abrojtm: 0
    Kyono: 0