Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RadioHead

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NM
    I've liked Radiohead since I first heard Creep about 12 years ago. Their first 3 albums are all very good, especially, The Bends and OK Computer. I don't like Kid A and Amnesiac though, I just can't listen to those 2 album's. And if you havn't heard Pablo Honey, listen to that and then listen to Kid A, you'd think it was 2 different band's.
    See, I enjoyed Kid A because it's something very different. We're able to see a band that has progressed to that certain point. Pablo Honey on the other hand is an album we come to expect from any band starting off and consequently, I think it's complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    I can't say I've got much left for Radiohead. I guess I just like songs with vocals instead of computeralized noises randomly spread throughout a song. However, I've only listened to the "Kid A" album, so I wouldn't know what the others are like, but I've decided not to waste any more time on them.
    That's because Kid A is (for want of a better word) weird. The earlier stuff is a lot more accessible, which is why I'd recommend listening to those first. I'm not trying to change your opinion Lev, that's just how it is.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmm. This helps, since I've never listened to Radiohead before. I'm interested now, though. In fact, I shall go look them up on iTunes right now! Or if that doesn't work, I shall find soething else to sample their music from.

--Box Box Box Box

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm
    Hmm. This helps, since I've never listened to Radiohead before. :cool: I'm interested now, though. In fact, I shall go look them up on iTunes right now! Or if that doesn't work, I shall find soething else to sample their music from.

:D
    Dude, get Limewire, free complete tunes and you can get Movies

1. Very Good
    2. Most probably illegal

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hehe, I'm always far behind discovering bands too.

I love Radiohead! I was listening to The Bends album today.

I have all of their albums except the very latest one cos I kinda stopped listening to them so much then. My favourite songs are Paranoid Android and Exit Music but I really like some of the stuff on Amnesiac and Kid A too.
    rawr

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Radiohead is a good band. I don't listen to much music but I have a couple of their CDs.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

new album coming out february 2006

heard one unfinished track from it and didn't like ti very much but it was unfinished

i hear it's going to be very experimental a la kid a and amnesiac tho so i'm looking forward

That's good news.

I love Radiohead, have all their albums. I've got this live acoustic show they did on double cd, so if you ever find that... get it!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Bends = Yay! I still haven't gotten really into any of their other albums, mostly because I don't have a lot of "listen and think" time lately. However, there are a lot of B-sides and rare tracks out there that are amazing too. I definitly suggest you try to find The Trickster when you get the chance; very yay song.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    new album coming out february 2006

heard one unfinished track from it and didn't like ti very much but it was unfinished

i hear it's going to be very experimental a la kid a and amnesiac tho so i'm looking forward
    +10 awesome for the hookup

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

thnx

jonny greenwood will make a cameo in the next harry potter movie
    also i think he just had a kid

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dont worry gib!! I still love rap!! And thanks n. That helped...

My favorite songs from Radiohead are "Karma Police" and "Go To Sleep". They are really good songs.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm
    Hmm. This helps, since I've never listened to Radiohead before. I'm interested now, though. In fact, I shall go look them up on iTunes right now! Or if that doesn't work, I shall find soething else to sample their music from.
    Haha, good luck finding them on iTunes. They won't let any of their stuff go on there. But I'm sure you can find it elsewhere, or I'll send you some.

I came to Radiohead from the other side. As a classical musician studying music composition in college I hadn't listened to very much pop music in any depth. (I liked and listened to Pearl Jam, but that's about it). So in 2000 as a junior in college I heard Kid A and was blown away that a major pop band on a major record label could put out something so amazing. Kid A is the album that showed me that a) pop music doesn't all suck b) I could totally be in a band c) my musical tastes weren't so different from other people.

From Kid A I listened to Amnesiac and loved it just as much. I think Amnesiac is a tough album to get into, and it isn;t as much of a cohesive album as Kid A, but the songs are absolutely amazing, and it has the best album art of any album ever, and the themes resonate with me more than maybe any other album.

HTTT came out and I bough it immediately and really liked it, then went back to OK Computer and The Bends. They put out great B-sides as well, although the signles are not cheap to buy.

Anyway, Radiohead are the band that opened the world of artistic pop music to me and for that I am forever grateful to them.