Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RadioHead

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For me, Radiohead made me realize how crappy all the music I had listened to prior was. Before it, I was all pop-punk or anything like that that was popular on the charts. Pink Floyd was the only exception to this, and it was because of them that I got into Radiohead. I had heard a lot of good from OK Computer and decided to download a few of the songs, which were great, and then I got the album. It ended up being my favorite album with my favorite song.

I got The Bends ~6 months later and was kind of disappointed. It grew a lot on me but at first it just let me down. I think the straight guitar-rock threw me off.

I got Kid A, Amnesiac, and HTTT all for my birthday last year. Kid A instantly stood out as a very cohesive piece that felt like a concept album. Amnesiac seemed like a bunch of random songs, completely unique to one another, put together. A bit closer to OK Computer, but with the rampant experimenting that they had gotten into. HTTT also let me down the first few times I listened to it. It was kind of like Amnesiac, but the songs sounded weaker. However, it grew on me.

Oh, and has anyone else seen The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time? Crazy as hell.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default ok since we're doing 'My Radiohead History...'

the bends is the most depressing cd i've listened to
    it had to grow on me as a cd, but there were pieces of it which were anthems to me before i even had the cd. currently i really like the bends though.
    i think pablo honey is the most straight up guitar out of all of them, but i'm not sure

when i was younger i saw the video for just, but had no idea who the band was because i was too young to care about music videos/music, but i still watched al of it because i found it interesting
    when i saw it again later, i was like, 'oh'

i listened to a radio broadcast of kid a half way through i remember, and got the cd after. it was my first radiohead cd and it came with the secret booklet and everything, and i had never gotten a secret booklet before. kid a played once a day at least for some time.

ok computer is just great (im a fanboy sorry)

amnesiac was pretty good. fine follow up on kid a i thought.

httt was allright. some songs were cool, but overall it's not as memorable as the other stuff.

high hopes for the new one

I thought HTTT did a good job putting together some good rock with some of the experimentation they had done prior to the albums.

Kid A still remains my favorite Radiohead song - although it had to beat quite a few others.

Default Baz Luhrmann wrote a song about suntan lotion.

"Talk Show Host" is on the <i>William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet</i> soundtrack.

Oddball movie; not so bad on the tunes.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember the first time I listened to Kid A. I couldn't decide if it was a masterwork or simply too odd. And then the music just started growing on me and I went for the masterwork....I remember not being able to stop listening to it; I felt like I was committing a musical crime, but also I had gone complusory...I simply needed it, many times a day....

top radiohead songs

Fake plastic trees
    Just
    Street spirit
    Parinoid android
    Climing up the walls
    Karma police
    The national athem (kicks ass)
    How to dissapear compleately
    idioteque ( i know i know just turn it up close your eyes and really listen)
    Knives out
    pryamid song
    there there
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry if this is a bad revival but I like how the OK Computer CD manual is planned out...

I wouldn't say they are my fave band, but they are pretty good. But wouldn't obsess. The Bends is a good album, but nothing more.

But that's cause I'm a Grunge freak.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im more into alternative... (Some grunge like nirvana)

Grunge (In the 2000's) is now bracketted into Alternative. Therefore, I enjoy alternative. Bands like Trespassers William... Pixies... The Smashing Pumpkins... Throwing Muses.
    If we are being odd... I like Alternative.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"