Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RadioHead

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default RadioHead

Who likes these guys?? I love em'!! I only heard "No surprises" and Im hooked!! Im gonna get their CD "OK Computer". Thing is that they're are alternative but this sounds so much different then usual Alt. This is one way they are good. Some songs may be short but very moving. RadioHead is now one of my favorite bands. I now have no top favorite band. I just a have a favorite list with no ranking one by one. What do you guys think about them?? And if you've never heard their songs just download "No Surprises". It's SMURFing amazing...

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You, my dear, are very far behind. But good job, Radiohead is awesome. I was lucky enough to see them in concert and it was incredible.

OK Computer is one of their best, I feel Kid A is pretty damned close too, so pick that one up when you can.

My favorite songs by them are Electioneering and Idioteque, I really love how versatile they are, one album of theirs has so many different styles.

Oh, and Thom Yorke on Space Ghost Coast to Coast is just awesome.

Blog Entries

Yeah I am behind. Like I said in my other thread. Im new to the rock franchise...

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"I'm just a knife...knifin' around...chikchikichikchikichik..."

Yeah. Love 'em. No Surprises is my favorite song of theirs (and of all time), OK Computer my favorite album of theirs. The only album of theirs I don't own nor have I listened to is Pablo Honey.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    "I'm just a knife...knifin' around...chikchikichikchikichik...".
    :<3: :<3: x1 million omg!

Blog Entries

RadioHead

"No Surprises"

A heart that's full up like a landfill
    A job that slowly kills you
    Bruises that won't heal

You look so tired and unhappy
    Bring down the government
    They don't, they don't speak for us
    I'll take a quiet life
    A handshake of carbon monoxide

No alarms and no surprises
    Silent, silent

This is my final fit, my final bellyache with

No alarms and no surprises please

Such a pretty house, such a pretty garden

No alarms and no surprises (let me out of here)
    No alarms and no surprises (let me out of here)
    No alarms and no surprises please (let me out of here)

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

For a mainstream band they breathe a breath of fresh air into the otherwise uninspired pile of crap out there that the masses listen to. And it's always good to see a large number of people exposed to good music. That said, I think there is better music to be found. I have found Radiohead to be a bit too much hype and not enough content.

casual mind slip

Radiohead is one of my favorite bands, my brother and I have been a fan of them for years.

I've liked Radiohead since I first heard Creep about 12 years ago. Their first 3 albums are all very good, especially, The Bends and OK Computer. I don't like Kid A and Amnesiac though, I just can't listen to those 2 album's. And if you havn't heard Pablo Honey, listen to that and then listen to Kid A, you'd think it was 2 different band's.

If you're new to the Radiohead, I suggest listening to The Bends and Ok Computer first. Then I'd suggest Hail to the Thief, and then Kid A and Amnesiac. You've got a lot of exploring to do, so get started. I'll give you a short list to get started, but by no means is it complete or comprehensive in any way.

The Bends - Planet Telex, Just, My Iron Lung, Sulk, Street Spirit
    Ok Computer - Airbag, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, No Surprises, Lucky
    Hail to the Thief - 2+2=5, Go to Sleep, Where I End and You Begin, There There, A Wolf at the Door
    Kid A - Everything in it's Right Place, Kid A, The National Anthem, Idioteque, Morning Bell
    Amnesiac - Packt Like Sardines, I Might Be Wrong, Knives Out, Hunting Bears, Life in a Glass House

Also look for Talk Show Host - it's not on any released albums, I don't think.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Someone is just discovering Radiohead?

Radiohead is excellent and even though they have a ton of great songs, Creep is still my favourite. I seen them in concert when Hail to the Thief came out and they were quite amazing.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    You, my dear, are very far behind. But good job, Radiohead is awesome. I was lucky enough to see them in concert and it was incredible.
    I don't know, I think it makes sense for him (and other people his age) to just start discovering bands like Radiohead. I know I was only about 11 or 12 when I got into the band.

I'm not as fanatical as some people, but I love me some Radiohead.

Never heard of Radiohead? That's so cute!

No Surprises is a great place to start, since it's from one of their more mainstream records, OK Computer. Like Neel said, The Bends and OK Computer are the best way to go if you're a new fan, followed by some of their later, more experimental work. Kid A or Amnesiac might be off-putting at first, but once you're familiar with the band's style they'll grow on you. OK Computer remains their finest album though, so make owning that your first priority.

The band just started work on a new album, which gives you until sometime next year to look through their back catalogue and really get to know them better before it comes out. If you're looking for general information or history, pay a visit to Green Plastic, which is a decent unofficial site.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Quote Originally Posted by crash26821
    Yeah I am behind. Like I said in my other thread. Im new to the rock franchise...
    pfft, betraying HipHop/Rap ....

RadioHead, Heard One Of There Songs.....meh

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can't say I've got much left for Radiohead. I guess I just like songs with vocals instead of computeralized noises randomly spread throughout a song. However, I've only listened to the "Kid A" album, so I wouldn't know what the others are like, but I've decided not to waste any more time on them.