Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Ocean 3: Nel Zelpher, the best character?

Default Star Ocean 3: Nel Zelpher, the best character?

Hey, Nel fans, do you guys think Nel is the best character in Star Ocean 3? I think she is definitely the best character.

You obviously never got the memo. The characters are listed on the heirarchy:

Albel
    Fayt
    Cliff
    Mirage
    Nel
    Sophia
    Roger
    Adray

Nel is mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem
    You obviously never got the memo. The characters are listed on the heirarchy:

Albel
    Fayt
    Cliff
    Mirage
    Nel
    Sophia
    Roger
    Adray

Nel is mediocre at best.
    I agree with his list except for the placement of Roger. I'd put him between Cliff and Mirage, and possibly switch the two around.

Anyway, yes, Nel was a rather mediocre character. Also, whats the name of the girl with shoes for weapons? She needs to be below Nel as well.

EDIT: Peppita. She needs to be somewhere near Adray.

Blog Entries

You forgot about Maria, Ansem. She's a very powerful character.

nah maria is rather weak i though even at level 255, i found that she ahd no use whatsoever throughout the post game and the only upside to her ultimate weapon is that it can get you 10x's more fol when its updated but still.

i'd say that Albel and Fayt are tied for first myself even though fayts moves are pretty amature style,but he is the fastest character you get on your party,which in my opinion if you can get fayt guite a bit of atk behind him,that fayt becomes one of the best characters in the game......although you can do that with any one it looked as if it worked better with fayt.

other than that i'd say the fighter order is about right,but peppita should be at the very bottom,she is the most useless character you can ever hope to get hold of, i only got her this time through for the BTs that i needed,grr the urssa templs is really annoying.
    Vincent:- Dirge of Cerberus is kind of a mix between devil May Cry and Me.

Albel, Fayt, Cliff, Nel, I've never used anyone else and don't care to.
    So far, I haven't even been given the chance to play as Mirage.
    In my opinion, Adray, Roger, Peppita, Sophia, and Maria are not worthwhile characters.

For Fayt, I continually added +_% atk to a Holy Sword. (least, that's what I think it was called.) It's the only unique weapon in the game and I really like it. Glowy glass blade-thing. It's rather weak by itself, but it's one-of-a-kind as I can tell.

no it wasn't....i think...as i remember the veinslay,leventine and the divine avenge had unique looks to them as well.
    and veinslay is really one of the best weapons you can get for fayt,+900ATK and has 8 empt slotsa,pity you can only get it later isn't it......gee smithery was annoying.
    Vincent:- Dirge of Cerberus is kind of a mix between devil May Cry and Me.

Sorry guys, I forgot Maria Traitor and Peppita Rosetti. I put Cliff and Mirage one after another, though they're tied because they are completely identical. Maria comes after them because she makes up for lack of power with range and easily linkable combos.
    Peppita goes right at the end with Roger and Adray. If I hear that little bastard talk about manhood again, I'll strangle him with his own tail.

Back to topic: What was it that made Nel so mediocre? Was it the 'my way or highway' attitude? Was it her lame stats?

I liked Maria alot. I thought Nel had a mediocre personality and fighting style.

Nel's strong and cool (though Maria's the coolest and Sophia's the cutest to me), so I end up using 5 party members: Fayt, Sophia, Cliff, Maria and Nel. Never bothered to use Albel, Mirage, Adray, Roger, Peppita...They're not cool, nor strong (except for Mirage, but I don't have the patience to train her...).

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth9006
    no it wasn't....i think...as i remember the veinslay,leventine and the divine avenge had unique looks to them as well.
    Well, imo, the Holy Sword looked the coolest so I'll never surrender it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon Knight
    Never bothered to use Albel... not cool, nor strong.
    Do you have ANY idea what a false statement that is? Albel is the coolest character fool, and his swordsmanship can crush every enemy like a maggot, not that they aren't maggots... 'It doesn't matter how many maggots you've got, I'll crush them all!'

*hails Albel*

*was talking with reference to Albel.* (The 'fool' statement is not meant in seriousness)
    Last edited by Lord Xehanort; 07-19-2005 at 12:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem
    'It doesn't matter how many maggots you send, I'll crush them all!'

*hails Albel*
    Doesn't he say: "It doesn't matter how many maggots you've got, I'll crush them all!'?

Oh, well... anyways... yeah, Albel is probably the most powerful character in game when it comes to being fast and offensive. His "Long-Range Powerful attack" and "Short-Range Weak Attack" are both GODLY!!!

*joins Ansem in the Albel hailing*

The only way I could come close to describing Albels personality is a swarm of flies around dog pie. I like the dress though. "rowr".
    Last edited by Destai; 07-18-2005 at 10:17 PM.

Ansem, I considered your "fool statement" false from the beggining. No worries.

I'm only saying I don't like Albel very much. Okay, he may be strong, I admit it, but I don't think he's cool. His hair's okay, but those clothes...COME ON? How can you expect me to like someone who's dressed like a weakling? You'll have to agree with me on this one, fool...

*the fool statement is still false, by the way... *