Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Ocean 3: Nel Zelpher, the best character?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    Nel does the most MP damage.

As for maria, her Magnetic field can help you kill things quickly. Basically I just run into the enemies, use it, they get paralyzed + doing 40,000+ damage(which I dont see how this is bad) and I use it again within seconds, doubling to 80, then 120, ect in seconds time, so I dont see how shes weak. My maria has 9999 atk, she uses pulse blast, then cancel bonuses magnetic field in a 300% cancel bonus she does around 400,000 damage total, magnetic field doing 99,999 and pulse blast shots doing between 10,000 each through 20,000 each.
    Yeah, I checked yesterday. The total MP dammage done by Splittering Sky is better than any other move. However, it's the fact that this move, just like Whirl Wind, is wind-elemental that may make it less powerful because of resistance and immunity. Also, Marias Energy Burst, which is the second most MP dammaging move, is faster.

Yes, that's about how powerful my Maria is as well. Energy Burst is actually my personal fav skill.

Crictical MP + 9999 attack + 300% chain bonus + Energy Burst= Kick the MP out of anyone's ass.

That Maria's slow is her ONLY weakness. But by collecting bunny stuff and add speed+30% to her equipment, you can actually make her pretty fast.

ps: sephiroth9006, if Ethereal Blast works good for you, then use it. It's just that in my opinion, it's far too slow to be useful.

Also... I only use Vampiric Flash to heal. Albels normal attack moves are what makes him so powerful, not his special skills. MP dammage linked to short-weak is actually a much better way to do MP dammage with Albel then using Vampiric Flash.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 07-20-2005 at 06:03 PM.

[QUOTE=Ultima Shadow]
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    That Maria's slow is her ONLY weakness. But by collecting bunny stuff and add speed+30% to her equipment, you can actually make her pretty fast.
    I hope you aren't serious about that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sion E Atlasia
    I hope you aren't serious about that.
    I'm serious. Ok, she's not pretty fast... but atleast fast enough.

Also... if used properly, you don't need to move her around that much in battle except using dodge every now and then.

Maria's dodge works a lot faster for me. So i basically use that to move around the map. Her regular movement i barely use, if only to face an enemy so i can sidestep out of the way.

I use to put the +30% Movement Rate on her weapon, but soon took that off since it wasen't needed at all. It dosen't effect the sidestep, so i replaced it with something more useful.

My team is always fayt, cliff and albel. Fayt and Albel are amazingly fast and their long/short range attacks are fantastic-i mean, you can beat a 200,000 HP boss by spamming side kick, and cliff...well...he's just amusing and strong. Maria =_= ugh i remember having to use her in the Shrine of Kaddan, her speed, or lack of it, almost got me killed >< Nel was a really good character but she didn't have the speed of the other characters on my team, i dropped her after she MP killed herself, and it wasn't a boss fight =_=" i still like her as a character though ^^

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please don't revive threads that are four years old. In the future, make sure to look at the dates of previous posts in the thread before posting. Thanks!