Thread: Magic Urn anyone?

Default Magic Urn anyone?

Has anyone managed to beat Magic Urn in the cavern of the Stolen Fayth without using Zanmato?Is there a system for hitting the correct spots?

My dream will never fade! MoonZapdos's Avatar

They give you pretty useless items. Just flee when you see those jerks.

I did that!But it's the only monster i didn't win so it kinda bothers me

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

it has 99,999hp so if you have a normal party ding something like 5000 damage a turn you will need plenty of luck beating it but if you have a powered up party you can kill it in one with a 99,999 damage attack.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I thought it had 999,999 hp and I think luck might effect if you hit the right spot.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

There is no system, just loads of luck, I've only beaten one.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

It has 999,999hp and i don't think luck affects it.My party members deal 99,999 damage and three of them have luck near 200 but i never managed to deal him more than 3 blows!But there's got to be a system...

[q=CB!'s guide]** It is impossible to defeat the Magic Urn using physical attacks, despite it having a finite HP statistic. Even when attacking it, if a member of your party is equipped with a weapon bearing [Sensor], you'll see that its HP does not decrease. The Magic Urn is succeptable to Zanmato, Doom, and Death Sentence, but in my opinion, all of these are a waste of gil and time due to the lack of rewards for defeating it - no AP, no gil, no shirt, no shoes, no service.

Anyway, after attacking any of the five "eyes" on it, the Magic Urn will respond with either "BINGO!" or "WRONG!". "BINGO!" is what you want to see - hitting the randomly-chosen correct spot will yield you one of the following items: Elixir, Phoenix Down, Frag Grenade, Silver Hourglass, Lunar Curtain, Soul Spring, or Stamina Tablet. "WRONG!" means you've hit the wrong spot, and the Magic Urn will then attack your entire party for big damage, then run away. A final note to veteran players - the Magic Urn does not ask for Elixirs in this game, therefore give it none. Using an item on an "eye", and attacking the "eye" have the exact same result.[/q]

If CB! says it's random, then random it is. :\

huh? howd u beat it? cause all the ones ive faced have unlimited HP, like, it says hp 999999/999999, i attack it once, gives me sumfink, and it still says 999999/999999, like was said b4. I tried using a fire gem on it, to see what would happen attacking all the eyes @ da same time, didnt work

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

It's HP doesn't go down, you attack an eye, if it's wrong, KABOOM if it's right, it gives you an item. You keep attacking eyes until you get one wrong. The more eyes you get right the better the items will be. Attacking all at once results in a self destruct. If you get all six, you win.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Easy way getting items from magic urns is to summon magus sisters. If all the sisters have accuracy over 200 or something, they will hit everytime. Even with accuracy around 100 they will hit often.

So easy... just cast doom DD really ! but that dosent work every time :/ it has like 2% or so i think

Well what you should do is have 2 of your characters to flee. my guess is you should leave auron. i'm not entirely sure but it works for me the first one i always hit and get bingo is the top one farthest to the right.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Please don't revive threads that are five years old! (Also welcome to EoFF!)