Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 sux

for the ps2 FF11 you need to buy a specialy cartridge thing to your ps2 to play it and a think you got to buy seperate game to but the pc and ps2 games both lead to the same world thats why somtimes you see people saying ther eplaying on ps2

That special "cart" is a HDD Hardrive built for the PS2, you need older models to play it however.

You cannot play this offline at all, online is the only way possible. Games that do not get paid regularly usually have bad updates anyway..if any.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58856 -_-;

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

You people complain that you have to pay to play it and therefor it shouldn't be titled Final Fantasy XI? Weird.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    You people complain that you have to pay to play it and therefor it shouldn't be titled Final Fantasy XI? Weird.

xD Omecle its all right they're not aussies like us :P lol

but who cares if you have to pay for it. Get a job, make a deal with your parents or something. Just becuse this game is online doesn't stop this game from being called a Final fantasy~

who knows SE could decide to make all of their games...ONLINE???? lol jk, that'd be funny though, I'd like to see who would not call them FF's
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

I too wish that perhaps it had been entitled Final Fantasy: Online. The only reason is that I like my little collection of FFs on the shelf (save for FF III) and when I can always go back and play them years from now I won't be able to do the same with FF XI when it goes offline (which I think is still several years away).

However, games like FFXI provide the kind of memories you don't really develop with Single Player Games (SPGs henceforth). I have great memories from FFVI and I can play back through it again and think about the first time but after a while it's not the same.

It's coming past the one year mark of me playing FFXI. After its release I avoided it for nearly a year for many reasons but eventually thought I had to give it a try. I have so many memories of my beginnings in the game. I only started this game once and will only have single golden memories of certain events. With an SPG you may play it over and basically repeat the experience and there's not quite the magic of remembering.

I remember the first time I walked out into West Ronfaure with a few 'high level' friends (30s) helping me get started. I remember soon after Summerfest started. Looking back now I have the urge to level some of the (very few) jobs I don't have at 10 yet in Ronfaure even though I find XPing 6-10 in Ghelsba more rewarding. There's a great feeling hearing that Summerfest/Ronfaure music and thinking that a year ago I was a lowly subless BLM working my way though epic solo battles where my life was always hanging by a single thread.

Here I am a level 73 BRD... nearly to the peak of my dreams when starting the game. I have a whole new perspective and it's great to look back on what got me here. It's great to see what a noob I was in retrospect... what friends I had back then and where they are now. Who got me to where I am... How can I help others who are where I was.

Now I'm just rambling but my point is.... there are memories to be made in a MMO that are absolutely special and there will never be an exact repeat of the moment in time when those memories were formed. At some point in the distant future when the last FFXI server shutsdown and I move on I can at least cherish those memories of my humble beginnings.

your actually saying it shouldn't be called a final fantasy game just cause ur too poor to pay for it?! BAD!
    ( '_')---|('_' ) ( '_')---/(0_0)
    http://live.quizilla.com/user_images...ltsbahamut.jpg
    You are Bahamut! You are King of the Dragons, and rightfully so, for few can stand up to your Mega Flare. Everything about you simply screams "bad ass."

Blog Entries

I don't get it. Are you actually telling me that being unable to say "I've played every mainstream Final Fantasy. I am too frickin' leet for you!" actually upsets you because it's you're never going to play FFXI? I don't know about you, but I'm fine with saying, "Yeah, I've played a lot of FFs, not XI though." I'm not exactly going to collapse into a pool of tears 20 years from now when I look through my old FF collection and see FF1 to FF10 and then suddenly have it jump to 12.

I'm sorry I'm not as dedicated as you.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Yes, obviously FFXI is not a true Final Fantasy, and I will now present my list of reasons why:

1) It's an MMORPG and none of the other FFs were RPGs. The series has never branched out or tried anything new since the first installation, which is why we're using turn-based battles and don't have any FMVs.

2) It doesn't have a memorable cast of main playable characters. The other people you play with online don't have interesting personalities of their own, and FFI, III, VIII, T, TA and CC all had nothing but playable characters with strong, unique personalities.

3) It's reverted back to the medieval setting. This is a step backwards for Square because FFVII, VIII and (arguably) X were all futuristic in setting, and 23% of a series is always enough to be definitive.

4) It doesn't have any awesome FMVs, because the install disc (PS2) and regular game startup (PC) don't contain any FMV at all, and FF has been using FMVs since its first appearance on the NES.

5) It radically breaks from too many FF traditions and thus we shouldn't call it a FF. This is why nobody ever refers to FFII, FFIV, FFVII, FFVIII, or FFX as part of the main series. There are also no references to Chocobos, Moogles, Flare, Holy, Meteo, Summons, Cactuars, Tonberrys, Malboros, spell/spellra/spellraga level spell progression, red/black/white mages, Gil, potions, elixirs, ethers, phoenix downs, any of the named weapons, or any other major Final Fantasy traditions in the game.

6) I have to pay a monthly fee to play the game. No other FF has ever had this and it's really not fair to make me pay for the maintenance of the servers, the tech support, the use of bandwidth, updates, resurrecting servers, employee wages, the cost of expansion, and generally keeping the game running when all I want to do is play the game.

7) You can never really beat the game. There is no final boss and a random content generator continuously spits out new content so you can never experience everything in the game. Even if you COULD beat some sort of "theoretical final boss", you would just be able to keep on playing anyway, and Square would NEVER make a game where you can continue playing the game after you beat the boss.

8) The game sucks up way too much free time by making you do repetative things for items that are worth increasingly little as time goes by. FF games have NEVER done this before. No FF has ever been repetative or devalued your items as you progressed in the game.

9) The storyline isn't as immersive since FFXI is an MMORPG, and MMORPGs make you level up for hours and hours between plot segments. All other FF games bombard you with plotline constantly without having stretches where levelling up is important.

10) Because there are no mopey emo bois with huge swords in the game.

Why yes, OBVIOSULY FFXI could NEVER be a REAL FF.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

DJZen, have I ever told you that I love you?

No you cannot have him, Torren is mine!! XD

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

And I love you guys too and want to autograph your subligar! I'll write "Torren wuz here" on the backside!

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    And I love you guys too and want to autograph your subligar! I'll write "Torren wuz here" on the backside!
    I have paper subligar, be carefull not to rip it. (>^_~)>

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

dj
    that was the best post
    ever
    I don't wear subligar because i'm a galka and that'd be scary...
    but would you sign my tail?

Im too poor to have a subligar so all I have is some whitey titghties! if that works lol
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

For you, Vaprice, anything.