Thread: What would you think of....

Default What would you think of....

Final Fantasy Tactics ONLINE? It would start out with just you on this block to block field. You get other players to join and start ambushing other people and monsters. It would be the kind of Online game where Team work is a must. YOu would learn all sorts of skills and you would be able to buy and craft all sorts of stuff.....What do you think it would be like if they made an FFT online and what features do you think it would have?

Need some extra cash? Join treasure trooper and get paid easy

It does sound quite interesting, I'd only play it if it was a free game, but the concept sounds quite good, building up a group of people to do stuff. the only thing i'd be worried about is the story line, if i've learned anything from FFTR it's that Square has trouble coming up with sequels. but yeah, i'd play it
    "P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were taken out."

~Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005~

Have you ever wanted to just "read" Final fantasy tactics, then visit www.freewebs.com/fftstory

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, what I'd want is the ability to have a party of characters, about 5 times as many as available in the original FFT, that you can make. And allow soloing to level and recruit more members and mosters and such, as well as allow recruitment of special classes on occassion, but make them rare or something. Maybe use some of the ideas present in FFTA to a good effect, like have everyone moving around the world map and the ability to encounter different clans and lay down challenges and such. Of course, certain jobs might have to be really restricted, I mean, imagine having 5 Orlandu's on the field.

uhhh, yea, what he said...
    Quote Originally Posted by BeholdTheVoid
    A lot of stuff.... yeah.....

63% of statistics are made up on the spot.

It can work just like the regular game, only random encounters would take any active users currently passing through a "block", isolate them at that the precise moment of time, and then have them fight normally like in the regular game. If your character is located in an unpopulated block, then you'd just hit a normal rand. encounter.

-PJ

sounds great! Let's start a pole.

I wonder if they'll make another FFT and it may be online. I imagine something like a FFXI with better graphics and a different story (and the classic FFT engine of course).

It's a noble concept...but it probably wouldn't transfer well into a game.
    Hello Final Fantasy Fans!

My name is Tekno Drifter, and I am workind on a FFVII based Forum RPG. Mostly all of it is on paper now, but within the next few weeks, I plan on transferring it all onto the Forums I have prepared for the game. The Forum RPG is called New World. It is only loosely based on FFVII. I plan to have as much originality in is as possible. If anyone is interested in helping out on the Forums or the RPG, please visit the link below and register for the Forums. If you have friends that you think might be interested in joining, please tell them about the Forums. Here is the URL:

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Tekno_Dr...x.php?act=site

Quote Originally Posted by Burtuc
    Final Fantasy Tactics ONLINE? It would start out with just you on this block to block field. You get other players to join and start ambushing other people and monsters. It would be the kind of Online game where Team work is a must. YOu would learn all sorts of skills and you would be able to buy and craft all sorts of stuff.....What do you think it would be like if they made an FFT online and what features do you think it would have?
    ever hear of FFXI? same basic thing as what you described (except for the movement grid and normal pvp) it did a nice job with jobs but i would have liked to see a geomancer type job. I of course am all for another online FF set in the world of ivalince with pvp and more jobs it would transelate very well into a online game and they need to make up for the horrible job they did on FF advanced (or as Vod calls it FF reused, which i agree should be its name)
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.