Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ragnarok Online

Default Ragnarok Online

has anyone ever played this... i play on the XeRO private server, its pretty sweet ^_^
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I just started today on EuphRO, I'm loving it beyond words.

i tried to play but honestly its plot is so thin, and i just dont grasp the main concept.. i think ill hold out on it for now... I much would rather play FFXI...

Only hardcore pvpers and friends will play this game. Just like any other pvp game out there.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    Only hardcore pvpers and friends will play this game. Just like any other pvp game out there.
    I have been soloing and I have no intentions of PVPing whatsoever. Still, I had more fun today than I did with probably my entire Final Fantasy XI and Guild Wars experence. So far I think Ragnarok Online is an incredibly fun and well made game. I can't wait to continue.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I used to play on beyondIRC-RO which was very fun. It's a shame that server no longer exists, especially when an update was just around the corner.

I should be restarting on TenshiRO this evening, hopefully. I'll probably make a Mounted Spear Knight as my first character, before re-making my Wizard from bRO.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

im always looking for the perfect mmo.

ive heard good things about this, i might download it once i have use of dsl (this sunday aw yeah!!!)

im playing a free one that instead of being based on medievil thingo like runescape.
    its based on chinese mythology, you might like to play it one day.

heres the official website where you can download it from. Conquer Online make a character on the crystal server, make sure you join the interpid guild.

ps: i hope when the time comes to get this RO game its enjoyable.

Is there a pay-free mode in the game or do you have to pay?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

R.O. is beta still, so i think its free.

C.O is free 2 play.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

official RO has been out of beta for about what? 3 years now, so of course you have to play. Silly you.

Unofficial RO are almost all free. And all are illegal. I coadminned twilightRO for months, so, no more RO for me plzkthx. That and it's just plain... well, dull. Maybe with the exception of PvP time (castle taking), but oh the drama. You have no idea.

And then there is Death

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

RO's fun for maybe two days. Maybe.

I agree with u so hardcore Hsu, Its just not my kinda game, not enough room to grow.

Plus I find playing mmorpgs depressing Unless there is actual plot and story and PURPOSE to playing, then there is no point in playing, and RO lacks it all.

Used up my fifteen-day free-trial period. Don't have any money to pay for a real account at the moment. It was pretty good.

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Meh, I played RO way back when it was in Alpha. I actually ran into Dr. Unne in the 'Mids, once.

Anyways, I played RO and watched it grow through Beta 1, 2, "2.5", Pay for two months, Beta again, and then, finally, retail.

Whomever mentioned drama was right on the money, though I believe they're probably refering to something else. Thais vs everyone, everyone vs Gravity, Gleek vs Everyone vs Gravity, random script kiddy vs Gravity, it was ridiculous.

The game itself was plenty of fun for awhile, but I tended to get bored of it after awhile, and stopped playing for a few months, when I'd come back and play some more.

Of course, I've tried my share of private servers as well, and found the communities to be much more bareable than the current, or at least current when I last played, iRO.

Fun game, not-so-fun-players.

I dont know about you Necro, but for me, it was fun once in a while and while i was waiting for Beta FFXI to come it was somewhat fun...but before my FFXI Beta kit came, it became old..REALLY OLD..and i quit..and so far there has not been enough change in the game to make me want to come back, unlike FFXI which had a huge patch just a few days ago(with some huge changes and refinements).

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3