Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Suspected suicide bomber shot in London

Default Suspected suicide bomber shot in London

Breaking news - it has been reported that police snipers have shot a suicide bomber at a London Undergorund station.

That means if a bomb had gone off, there would have been 3 attacks in 15 days....

Plain clothes policemen apparently shot him 5 times, (not taking any chances) this is getting annoying now.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

It's more than annoying.

If we treat these events with any kind of fear or change our lives to accomidate them, the bad guys win. I for one refuse to do that, i didn't do it for the IRA i won't do it for these nutters.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers

Of course but still, 3 incidents in 15 days.

is annoying.........

They could have EASILY captured this guy, going by the eyewitness acounts. But dead men don't talk- these cops should be fired, or arrested for something at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibsie
    They could have EASILY captured this guy, going by the eyewitness acounts. But dead men don't talk- these cops should be fired, or arrested for something at least.
    While it's one thing maintaining an open mind, it's another to flatly disregard the obvious. This may be injustice, illegal killing, but given the facts, I doubt it.
    If this man was indeed a suicide bomber, strapped with explosives, the police NEEDED to completely incapacitate him. He was on a crowded train with what may have been explosives in a rucksack. If they failed to incapacitate him completely, his dying or injured body could just as well set off the trigger mechanism. He needed to be take down & hard. I believe the right thing was done & hold no blame to the officers who took him down.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

finally the coppers are doing something

they arent succeeding the attacks arent affecting the public much.

all the police have to do is tighten up security and do this more often they need the right to kill a killer

LET THE HAMMER FALL

This should at least reassure the public a bit. Before this shooting it seemed like any terrorist could stroll onto a train unopposed. Now that the police have shown some power to actually stop attackers I imagine people will feel slightly safer. Who knows, it may even deter some potential bombers.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Apparently he half-tripped and was half-pushed after climbing aboard an underground train, and then the officers shot him 5 times while he was on the ground. I suppose in America this happens a lot, but in Britain, police officers shooting suspects dead is extremely rare, especially in the middle of a crowded and confined area, and so it is quite shocking to hear.

By any means you are right. But, how many people were around when he was shot. Now imagine the arest failing... Welcome to the graveyard for another 30 people.

Banned

the problem is that there was little indication that he was a suicide bomber except the fact tha he ran when 20 guys with pistols and sub-machines ran after him. i think i would too. and if he is on the ground and the police are on him then shooting him is hardly necessary.

but now we have a new martyr. and what do martyrs equal? no not prizes. it means seeing this event more and more frequently. and the bomber will always get through.

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud No.9
    and the bomber will always get through.
    This one obviously didn't.

You can't stop them all, everyone knows that, but when something like this happens, it's nice to see that steps are being taken to prevent them.

Though it may enrage other suicide bombers, I agree that it may deture other, potential bombings.

It's not a win win situation, but I'd like to think it's better than the alternative.

Banned

that is though if he was a suicide bomber.

and if he was why shoot him? if he was in control then arrest him. he would be more valuable alive. a far greater source of intelligence. 5 bullets to the skull gains nothing if he could have been arrested. and if he was on the ground then that would have been the best option.

i hope the police officer in charge is tried for this. it is excessive force at best.