Thread: Finished FF VIII Today!

Default Finished FF VIII Today!

Well me an FF VIII have had a falling out a while back when it first came out, I had just finished deep sea research center and had a whopping 118 hours logged in, when some how one of my save files got erased and set me back 20-30 hours. I never put the game back in I was sooo pissed. Well fast forward to 2005 and I played again from the beging to the end and loved every minute, what an awsome game. I may try Omege weapon tonight for kicks, but let me say I actualy got a little choked up with the closing movie in particular with the parts involving Laguna, hes my favorite character in the game. I wish square would make a game focusing on him as the main character along with Ward and Kiros.

Well now to pick my next game, I better check my "decisions" post in general gaming.

FF VIII gets a big from me!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's good for you.

congratulation

As for Omega weapon, here are some tips but dun read it if you wanna try it out yourself.

(SPOILER)Just observe his attack pattern and use the specific counters for each attack.

Example: When it is going to use Medigo flame, make sure all chars have 9999 hp and defend when it gonna use terra break.

Thanks Unknowns. Ill be sure to check those tips b4 twisting my controller into pieces!

*spoilers don't read below if you don't want to know
    The Guide to Easily winning Omega Weapon.

You really won't need any other items than holy wars which you can get by refining Gilgamesh's card. You get Gilgamesh's card from the CCKing. But you hafta beat the rest of the CC's... with 110 hours I'm gonna assume you already beat them all.

So refine the card and you get 10 holy wars. Junction Death to your stat def because Omega always starts with lvl5 death. You can choose to either enter the game with a low hp or choose ot use aura's. Then you use a Holy war. Summon Doomtrain or use meltdown on Omega. Then constantly bash him with limit breaks, hopefully you have lionheart and get lionheart finishers. Depending on level he'll die within 3-5 lionhearts i think. If you want use Eden. Keep using Holy wars until he's dead. Also the Holy Wars come in handy to defeat the Final Boss.
    I don't believe in pre-determined Fate

about to insert the "P" disapointedchild's Avatar

Good job, on defeating omega,
    (SPOILER)you dont really need holy wars, junction 100 death to status defense, oh, a the defend comand. Then just memorize omegas attack pattern. Terra Break can be countered with defend. Oh, and megalixers work well too.
    Too big. The height limit is 250 pixels including images as well as text.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

(SPOILER)I must admit Holy war is the easy way out and you need not memorize any attack pattern and just attack all the way, but it is just me that beating it without any invincibly items is better....

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congratulations. You just beat one of the best games evar. God I love it.

The same thing sort of happened to me too. =D Except I got to Adel relying on my GFs way too heavily and blah blah.

I'm so glad you liked it, though. That makes me happy. The ending was perfect. I teared up at the same parts as you. xD I surprised myself.

Anyways. Yay you beat it.

--Box Box Box Box

FF8 is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallxLeon
    *spoilers don't read below if you don't want to know
    The Guide to Easily winning Omega Weapon.

You really won't need any other items than holy wars which you can get by refining Gilgamesh's card. You get Gilgamesh's card from the CCKing. But you hafta beat the rest of the CC's... with 110 hours I'm gonna assume you already beat them all.

So refine the card and you get 10 holy wars. Junction Death to your stat def because Omega always starts with lvl5 death. You can choose to either enter the game with a low hp or choose ot use aura's. Then you use a Holy war. Summon Doomtrain or use meltdown on Omega. Then constantly bash him with limit breaks, hopefully you have lionheart and get lionheart finishers. Depending on level he'll die within 3-5 lionhearts i think. If you want use Eden. Keep using Holy wars until he's dead. Also the Holy Wars come in handy to defeat the Final Boss.
    Pfft. I beat Omega without invincibility items, Lionheart weapon or limit, Doomtrain, or the defend command. Just cast protect on your party and you survive Terra Break with no problems if you have 100 vitality or so.

Oh, and good job on beating FFVIII.

I love the ending movie. the part with the camcorder was really touching. It added character to everyone. Well done! And He finally got his hotdogs even though he choked on them. Woohoo!!!!!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

(SPOILER)hey you guys.you forgot to put your writing in spoiler tags.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Good job, i really do love that game. Btw this is my first post on the eyes on final fantasy forums woot.

I remember how riduculously happy I was when my friend and I first beat it (well I beat it and she watched, heh). We were screaming our heads off when we finally killed Ulti. I think it was like, my 10th try, lol. I was young!!! And I'll probably never feel such simple joy ever again. The hotdog part was great though, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by beaglegod
    I wish square would make a game focusing on him as the main character along with Ward and Kiros.
    Hmmm... sounds familiar.... FFVIII-2 anyone?

Anyway, congratulations on beating the game!!